The "omg Guess What Happened Today" Thread

Brakes can be rebuilt at home.

Last set of brakes I did was $50 for the rebuild kit for a KE55-70 girlock caliper some beer few hours. DONE. Bolt onto car easy. Have a go your self mate. You have a few cars jsut temp. drive anopther around. Also tie rod ends are critical id do them ASAP and get a shop to do it pedders is doing mine ATM and tie rod end is $25 at pedders and wheel alignment is cheap.

Cameron

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I work in Collingwood, which is apparently a lot dodgier than I first thought.

We get a lot of misdialled numbers for the brothel three blocks away...

*ring ring*

"Hello, this is Sonya"

"Hi, I wanted to enquire about an advert I saw in the paper. Now, I'm a bit apprehensive, which I guess is part of the reason I'm calling"

"oh?"

"Well, I don't have much experience with transsexuals..."

:y:

"A throttle positioner to ensure a predetermined minimum opening of a throttle valve when an engine is abruptly decelerated from a relatively high speed condition, said positioner being adapted to be switched over between operating and non-operating conditions by alternating the introduction of intake tube vacuum or atmospheric pressure into a diaphragm means, wherein a combination of a check valve and constricting means is provided to optionally determine the time constant of said switching over operation."

From http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4059088.html

I didn't think there was a difference in the carbys at all either until today when i was following Gregory's book and a carby kit to fix up what I thought was either blocked idle jets or a screwed float.

(6) On manual transmission models remove the hose from the throttle positioner and disconnect the throttle positioner link.

(7) On automatic transmission models disconnect the choke breaker linkage from the choke lever at the top cover.

*Notice that it doesn't mention on a automatic about there being a throttle positioner?*

I had a look at where the throttle positioner is meant to be aswell and it had a plate covering the entrance. Leave it up to you to decide.

Edited by Tume

Well yesterday my brakes failed. Today I took it to a brake shop and guess how much to fix everything thats wrong...

Over $1,300.00

Pretty much everything needs replacing. Not happy since 2 years ago I had the master cylinder rebuilt and now apparently it has collapsed. The rear brakes are leaking (Also done 2 years ago). The front calipers need new seals, pads, disks and one of my tie rod ends need replacing.

Sigh. I hate money.

I took up the offer of a free brake inspection at ABS in reynella. told me it'd be about $1300 to replace the pads, disks (ke30 i think),piston seal on a rear drum, new flexable brake lines and a couple things extra on a KE25. while showing me the flexible brake lines which were on the verge of poping, the guy points to them with his ball point pen and proceeds to poke the bulge in the line with his pen, WHAT A MUPPET!!

grabbed some KE55 brake lines for free at the wreckers, picked up a full KE30 front brake setup for $30 and used the pads (sold the rest for $20), a brake bleeding kit ($10) and 2 bottles of brake fluid $6 each (castrol). so all up it cost me about $30 to fix up what was needed and what i didnt do that they told me seemed fine when i checked it.

I'm not goin back to ABS reynella in a hurry, charge WAYYYYYYY TOOO MUCH. especially $500 to supply and fit a K series clutch :y: picked up a virtually brand new full clutch setup for $34 from the wreckers. As you can see, i love the wreckers. LOTS of rolla stuff.

*Notice that it doesn't mention on a automatic about there being a throttle positioner?*

I had a look at where the throttle positioner is meant to be aswell and it had a plate covering the entrance. Leave it up to you to decide.

Does that mean there is the potential for an automatic engine converted to manual to run like rubbish?

Talking about ABS, I think that most of them are overly expensive. Back a few years ago when i had my VS Clunk-a-dore, Salisbury ABS wanted something just shy of 2 grand for the whole setup, told stuff it and i did it by myself for about 600 with paint.

while showing me the flexible brake lines which were on the verge of poping, the guy points to them with his ball point pen and proceeds to poke the bulge in the line with his pen, WHAT A MUPPET!!

Yeah thats one thing that shuts me to tears just about. Just like "Oh look i think thats a rust bubble." so i'll dig up the paint with my keys to see if it is a rust spot and if it is a rust spot i'll see if i can dig a hole through to the other side......

I parked in a carpark yesterday and someone hit my bumper!!! no dents or anything, and it WILL buff out...but who in their right mind hits a car and doesn't leave a note?! it's the principle of it!!!!!!!

someone who doesnt have a license, or who doesnt have insurance, or that they didnt notice(hard to believe i know, but remember this is adelaide)

I'd say someone who doesn't wanna pay for their insurance excess. They would have got out, looked at the damage, looked around for witnesses, got back in and found another park. Hate to be sexist again but also most likely a female driving a large car too big for her to control, maybe a Commodore, Falcon, any 4x4, 380, Aurion, Kingswood, or anything that resembles a boat.