April 12, 201016 yr Author comment_429060 Damnit, you're turning this thing into my dream project car! So what's the plan for the drive line? What sort of specs, if you don't mind? :bash: Thanks mate, glad you like what we are doing. The diff is a JDM sprinter disc brake one, running a 4.78 ratio with TRD lsd, one piece tail shaft, T-50 box running an Albuns gearkit, TRD quick shift, F1 clutch as in earlier photos, engine is 4AGE, with forged pistons, hks cams, 2 x Dellorttos, Alloy pulleys, mmm think that's about it. Should be a sweet little engine. Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_430420 Started on the lower control arms today, Tony is turning up the housings (to be welded on to the arms) for the spherical bushes. I've been f@$king around trying to get the piping for the handbrake sorted, and have now moved on to the pedal box. Strengthened the brake pedal mount and sorted the balance out, that's now fitted to the car, along with the clutch master cylinder and the brake master cylinders, just have to finish piping them and that will be all the brake system sorted, hopefully!!! :jamie: Tony finished fitting the mesh to the stone tray, and it looks good, it should do the job keeping grass out of the radiator. :lol: Report
April 17, 201016 yr comment_430430 shit, you guys do pretty good work for a couple of kiwi's :jamie::D:D:D xoxoxo Report
April 17, 201016 yr Author comment_430449 No, still have to glass one up from the new genuine toyota chrome one we have!!! :jamie: Report
April 17, 201016 yr comment_430481 Thanks Beerhead, that's the old cage from the old car, tri brace was always in there, but because the cage is MANZ and NOT CAMS approved we can run it, if we had a CAMS cage we couldn't, (Stupid f@$ken cams) Sam, beerhead is right about the dry ice, it's the easiest way to remove sound deadening from the inside of the car, for the underneath we use wire bushes on drills and grinders, then paint thinners to remove the last of it, big job!! Seam welding is where you do weld MOST of the seams, not fully, but just stitch welding, so every 25-30mm you have a weld. You don't need to weld every seam, just the important ones, these would be the ones that will add strength to the body shell. Have a look through some of the earlier photos and you'll see where we have welded, to get an idea. Thanks guys thats a big help sam Report
April 18, 201016 yr comment_430491 Have you considered foam filling the rails TRD bros? Or have you already acheived enough stiffness with the cage and to a lesser extent, seam welding. I really like this car too, very neat and clean! Report
April 18, 201016 yr comment_430500 I love watching this come together. No bullshit, no shortcuts, everything done once and done properly. Please don't delete any scenery with it once its done, I think I'll cry :jamie: Report
April 18, 201016 yr Author comment_430574 Thanks guys for all the good comments, makes us feel we are doing the right things, although some of the jobs have been done twice to get what we want, but this seams to be the case with any big project. ;) We did consider foam filling the sills, as this was what we use to do when I was at Suzuki sport, problem is I don't know of any suppliers who sell the expandable foam in liquid form. I think the seam welding in the body will be strong enough, but I do know what your saying. Anyhow, Tony is still turning up the housings for the spherical bushes while I finished mounting the pedal box and screwing all the cylinders into place. Yip, that took me all day!!! :lolcry: Report
April 18, 201016 yr comment_430810 Wow, very clean. Sounds like similar specs to what I'd like to do, except I'd probably keep the EFI. Keep the pics coming though, it's very inspiring. It might actually get me to finish the KE30 in the shed and do a historic even some time this year ;) Report
April 19, 201016 yr comment_430951 Sorry bro you'll have to pull it apart again, you forgot the drip tray. after a day of machining i finally finished one of the holders for the lower control arm bush. Report
April 19, 201016 yr Author comment_431090 I f@$ken knew there was something else, nice work on the bush, but where's the other one? Starter turns up next week, hopefully I'll hear about the TRD valve springs tomorrow. Report
April 20, 201016 yr comment_431216 hey this car is awsome i love watching this come together. keep up the good work Report
April 24, 201016 yr Author comment_432299 Today was spent pulling the Brake cylinders back off and fitting the drip tray, as i for got to fit this before. All done now so I moved on to mounting the radiator, had to make up top mounts and Rivnut the bottom mounts into place. Sorry about the shit photos, will take the camera tomorrow and take some decent ones. Tony has finally finished machining the housings for the spherical bushes for the LCA's, so we'll get them welded into the arms tomorrow and then turn up the spacers. Once that's all done, hopefully we can finish putting the front end together. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now