Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trds Rally Car

Featured Replies

If I don't see you Friday night, all the best for down at the WRC Tony.

  • Replies 771
  • Views 717.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There is NO pleasing some people!!!!!

  • Very tidy, under 800kg is awesome. What do you reakon is making the rear right side a touch heavier?

  • far out that is cool!   wanna hang onto those scales untill saturday? ive always wondered how heavy mine is.   mine is currently in full "comfortable" street trim. (ie grosely overweight...)

Posted Images

Please excuse my french, but f&*k yeah!

 

The car looks awesome, I hope you guys have a blast at Coffs.

 

Oh, and pics/vids or it didn't happen :)

Yeah man all the best down south.

 

Oh, and pics/vids or it didn't happen :)

 

+10

:) :jamie:

Looks like ARP have an issue with their head bolts.

But it's only the head bolt that feeds oil to the head, maybe using a standard bolts in that hole would fix this problem.

 

That's exactly what happened to our engine Stu, but we caught it in time and managed to save most of the bottom end.

Nice, I'll fix it in a couple of months as the owner of the car is overseas for a couple of months.

Yeah we salvaged the conrods and studs. Had to machine block and crank again but everything else was bin fill!!!

 

Good luck with the rally!!! Car is looking awesome.

 

Stu.

So glad I saw this thread. Was about to put my high comp high power engine together with ARP studs. Would have cried if it blew up.

I've confirmed this issue with pictures if anyone is interested.

i would like to see pics :D

 

 

and good luck to you guys at the WRC :D

So glad I saw this thread. Was about to put my high comp high power engine together with ARP studs. Would have cried if it blew up.

I've confirmed this issue with pictures if anyone is interested.

 

Worth starting another thread about the issue?

 

I wonder if Tomei's head studs have solved the problem? I dare say they're made by ARP anyway but hopefully to Tomei's specifications.

The car goes on the trailer saturday and we're off to the WRC sunday.

 

post-451-0-18298200-1314792249_thumb.jpg

 

WOW!

Looks Great guys!

I really wanted to go down and see it run but no cash.

Good luck and smash the competition!

We have to talk some time about a certain project When your not so busy!:o

 

Handiman

  • Author

I think it would be a good idea to start another thread about these head bolts and what CAN possibly happen!!

 

At least it will give members/owners who are building a 4AGE something to look out for that could potentially destroy an engine.

  • Author

Just got a Txt from Tony.

The Corolla got weighed last night at scrutineering for the WRC and it came in at 809.1kg's with the lights on.

Fark! Looks like you boys know how to handle a hole saw and alloy bolts, well done!

  • Author

Thanks mate, I'm very happy with that because it still has to have a fiberglass bonnet and boot as well as Lexan windows.

So hopefully 750 with all of that done. :o

 

But 809.1kg's with the lights on and ready to rally is very very good. :dance:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.