Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Racecar Project

Featured Replies

  • Replies 242
  • Views 317.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I mounted the ta22 rear axle today, and while I did I saw that it's a bit shorter than my previous rear axles.

+ the ke70 panhard rod is too short, and the ta22 panhard rod is too long.. so I have to shorten it soon..

I did fix it temporary by using 1cm with spacers on the right side :D

also the ae86 tailshaft is different bolt pattern to ta22 rear axle, so I could only get 2 bolts to fit.. hehe

also I only have brakes on the left side at the rear axle, I guess I will fix all this next weekend

Edited by David

ta22 has the same rear track as ke3x/5x

te72 has same rear track as your ke70

  • Author
ta22 has the same rear track as ke3x/5x

te72 has same rear track as your ke70

 

yeah.. I figured that out while I was changing it :D when I get the panhard rod shortened + using 1cm spacers on each side I think it will be okay, but I will only use it temporary for a few months untill I can afford to fix the ae86 rear axle

 

I have also found a parts-car I will buy this week I hope. it's a 2 door sedan.

I will use the front fenders and the doors from that car because mine is all rusted up + I have some dents on the right fender

and then I will get the car professionaly spray painted :D

 

I also have plans to get 20v throttlebodyes and a programable ecu, maybe slightly bigger cams, I'm aiming for about 200hp

I know I have 9,8mm lift ( stock is 7,2mm I think ) but I'm not sure about the duration.. OR I will just buy a turbo from a 3sgte and decompress the engine and aiming for about 250-300hp

 

else there isn't much to improve, only new seats and a rollcage

next season I'm thinking about trying tarmac racing with the car, in a class with road registered cars, I think it could be fun :D

YAY DAVID!! I'm glad youve decided to keep working on it :D

 

LOL sounds like a super dodgy TA22 diff conversion. So the AE86 is a wider track eh? I might have to find an AE86 T series...not likely. I refuse to pay through the arse for one.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I did buy a parts-car on friday since I needed some body parts like fenders etc

and we've started making flares! :D

when we're finished I'm going to going to make a fibreglass mould.

here is some pictures of the progress:

100_0384.jpg

100_0386.jpg

100_0396.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0402.jpg

 

as you can see, we're not finished yet!

i'm going for the ta64 wrc look / trd widebody, but with sharper edges ( more boxy form, so it suit the ke70 body more )

 

the flares is 7cm wide on each side :jamie: so I guess I won't have a prolem with the wheels hitting the flares like I did last summer

can't wait to see this finished. its gonna look sick!!

 

keep up the good work

jamie

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I have created a picture of how the flares will look like:

bredding.jpg

I will also use side skirt from ae82

I'm not finished with the picture yet..

 

 

I have also spraypainted the dashboard black matt :cool: will post pictures of it later!

That's going to look WILD!!! You'll need a spoiler of some kind to help the look though I think. Even if it is just an AE71 Spirit style of one. Or an Evo 1 style spoiler would look even better!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've also spraypainted the dashboard black matt:

 

dsc01019.jpg

dsc01020.jpg

 

and I've gathered a couple of extra lights to use:

dsc01078.jpg

 

 

here's a few pictures of the TTE ta64 rally car:

my ke70 will look very similar to this:

29.jpg

celica-tct04.jpg

celica-tct01.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.