David

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mounted the ta22 rear axle today, and while I did I saw that it's a bit shorter than my previous rear axles.

+ the ke70 panhard rod is too short, and the ta22 panhard rod is too long.. so I have to shorten it soon..

I did fix it temporary by using 1cm with spacers on the right side :D

also the ae86 tailshaft is different bolt pattern to ta22 rear axle, so I could only get 2 bolts to fit.. hehe

also I only have brakes on the left side at the rear axle, I guess I will fix all this next weekend

Edited by David

ta22 has the same rear track as ke3x/5x

te72 has same rear track as your ke70

yeah.. I figured that out while I was changing it :D when I get the panhard rod shortened + using 1cm spacers on each side I think it will be okay, but I will only use it temporary for a few months untill I can afford to fix the ae86 rear axle

I have also found a parts-car I will buy this week I hope. it's a 2 door sedan.

I will use the front fenders and the doors from that car because mine is all rusted up + I have some dents on the right fender

and then I will get the car professionaly spray painted :D

I also have plans to get 20v throttlebodyes and a programable ecu, maybe slightly bigger cams, I'm aiming for about 200hp

I know I have 9,8mm lift ( stock is 7,2mm I think ) but I'm not sure about the duration.. OR I will just buy a turbo from a 3sgte and decompress the engine and aiming for about 250-300hp

else there isn't much to improve, only new seats and a rollcage

next season I'm thinking about trying tarmac racing with the car, in a class with road registered cars, I think it could be fun :D

• 4 weeks later...

I did buy a parts-car on friday since I needed some body parts like fenders etc

and we've started making flares! :D

when we're finished I'm going to going to make a fibreglass mould.

here is some pictures of the progress:

100_0384.jpg

100_0386.jpg

100_0396.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0402.jpg

as you can see, we're not finished yet!

i'm going for the ta64 wrc look / trd widebody, but with sharper edges ( more boxy form, so it suit the ke70 body more )

the flares is 7cm wide on each side :jamie: so I guess I won't have a prolem with the wheels hitting the flares like I did last summer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...