Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Its Beige

Featured Replies

mmm how about since it has so much brown you could call it Skidmarks. Could have a double meaning as in you'll shit yourself or tire marks.

Edited by JiP

  • Replies 76
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is the beigest (is that a word) car i,ve ever seen, look good in the bowles club car park

The word beige reminds me of teeth, I reckon you should call it flossy.

 

:jamie:

 

thats so random.

 

why does it remind you of teeth? I usually associate white with teeth, but maybe I don't know enough heavy smokers!

 

Who needs carpet anyway! its coming to the warmer months, carpet is only good for winter (actually a hot floorpan might not be too good for your feet)

 

If the carpet is just dirty, throw it in the washing machine. It sounds dodgy (well it is) but it works really well (suprisingly)

 

Either that or a couple cans of upholstery cleaner and a Gerni. (thats how I did my old VK carpet)

 

Tears in the carpet can be covered up by carmats :hmm:

I'm thinking about running xt130/rt132 struts in this car so that I can have an easy brake upgrade and have a slightly stiffer full height setup that can take good shocks. Ill use the lower control arms too, and that will be enough camber for a dirt road warrior.

 

 

when you do this you may have to get a custom spring wound, as you need to use corolla top hat (corona is differnt to rolla) and bottom spring perch on corona strut is much bigger, or failing that cut the corona spring perch off and swap in the corolla ones (if your super handy with a welder).

 

I'm currently running on corona spring perches and corolla tops dodgy plus but not much i could do once everything was in and i realised what was going on, they sit ok-ish and are captive.. going the custom spring route next week when i can get her booked in.

 

can give you a look under the front end of the DX so you can see what i mean if you like?

 

also ill have my recently machined discs and calipers off soon, they are XT130 sumitomo twin spots. probably be a good upgrade if you want them, I'm going hilux/peugeot gear. they will bolt up to either of the struts your looking at.

  • Author
when you do this you may have to get a custom spring wound, as you need to use corolla top hat (corona is differnt to rolla) and bottom spring perch on corona strut is much bigger, or failing that cut the corona spring perch off and swap in the corolla ones (if your super handy with a welder).

 

I'm currently running on corona spring perches and corolla tops dodgy plus but not much i could do once everything was in and i realised what was going on, they sit ok-ish and are captive.. going the custom spring route next week when i can get her booked in.

 

can give you a look under the front end of the DX so you can see what i mean if you like?

 

also ill have my recently machined discs and calipers off soon, they are XT130 sumitomo twin spots. probably be a good upgrade if you want them, I'm going hilux/peugeot gear. they will bolt up to either of the struts your looking at.

 

 

Yeah Ill just get a whole set of struts when the time is right, and just kit them out however I want.

 

I want to get good springs and shocks in this car, so I don't mind getting custom ones, however Id be shocked if I couldnt adapt something.

  • Author

Also, Heres the wheels I scored from ebay. SSR MK 2 R in 15x7, offset is +27. I was close with my guess of +25. Might need a small spacer on the front, but will go straight onto the rear on stock gaurds, and I could widen them and have wheels that fit over 4 piston brakes perfectly for the other cars front end in the long term. Theres a half inch step there to aide with spoke clearance over modern calipers.

 

Phil dropped em off today and we did some exterior work to his car, which was good fun.

 

Heres a shot of my new walbro fuel pump, too.

post-2885-1252577738_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1252577771_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1252577781_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1252577795_thumb.jpg

Also, Heres the wheels I scored from ebay. SSR MK 2 R in 15x7, offset is +27. I was close with my guess of +25. Might need a small spacer on the front, but will go straight onto the rear on stock gaurds, and I could widen them and have wheels that fit over 4 piston brakes perfectly for the other cars front end in the long term. Theres a half inch step there to aide with spoke clearance over modern calipers.

 

Phil dropped em off today and we did some exterior work to his car, which was good fun.

 

Heres a shot of my new walbro fuel pump, too.

 

 

mate please use 2 metal hose clamps not 1 medium sized cable tie!

Also, Heres the wheels I scored from ebay. SSR MK 2 R in 15x7, offset is +27. I was close with my guess of +25. Might need a small spacer on the front, but will go straight onto the rear on stock gaurds, and I could widen them and have wheels that fit over 4 piston brakes perfectly for the other cars front end in the long term. Theres a half inch step there to aide with spoke clearance over modern calipers.

 

Phil dropped em off today and we did some exterior work to his car, which was good fun.

 

Heres a shot of my new walbro fuel pump, too.

 

totally liking those wheels you scored of ebay, what a great place to find the odd bargin or 2 well done will look pretty awsome on the car

:jamie:

 

thats so random.

 

why does it remind you of teeth? I usually associate white with teeth, but maybe I don't know enough heavy smokers!

 

Ha cause of an ad (colgate I think) that used to be on tv.

Me rikey! Kamei front lip at all?

Yeah Ill just get a whole set of struts when the time is right, and just kit them out however I want.

 

I want to get good springs and shocks in this car, so I don't mind getting custom ones, however Id be shocked if I couldnt adapt something.

 

just convert em to coilovers...

Ask slydar was $ 1000 with new agx adjustables springs in your choice of rate and new steel collars + all machining and welding...

call me for his number matt ...special deals :jamie:

 

wheels look good ..need uber polished lip though

maybe white centres?

Edited by mungi mods

  • Author
just convert em to coilovers...

Ask slydar was $ 1000 with new agx adjustables springs in your choice of rate and new steel collars + all machining and welding...

 

 

Theres always that option, I reckon thered be some dipshit car that would have a spring design similar to what Id need for xt strut into ke70. I was kinda wanting to keep this one low budget so I can have some fun in it.

  • Author
Theres always that option, I reckon thered be some dipshit car that would have a spring design similar to what Id need for xt strut into ke70. I was kinda wanting to keep this one low budget so I can have some fun in it.

 

 

I just test fitted the rims on my ae86 coilovers with the Wilwoods. I have 2mm strut tube clearance, and like 7mm over the brakes. Its gonna be a perfect set of wheels to widen.

 

They will truly be able to give me the perfect fitment if I go to 8 inch wide rims with these.

 

Woot!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.