Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Car Would You Drive?

Featured Replies

if having a kid means getting rid of the escort and ae86 then abortion is certainly the best option.

 

but for arguments sake, lets say ke70, chaser, autech stagea or legnum.

Edited by Axentrik

  • Replies 88
  • Views 68.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Just remember if you want to go old school, you usually have to have child restraint points fitted.

 

True. We had twins 20 months after our first. 2 baby seats and a booster seat (with harness) across the back of an EH wagon, with a crab bar bolted behind the back seat for a legal restraint anchor.

 

Thankfully the twins are nearly 10 now, so no longer any concern. It was fine throwing them in the back of the ke15/6 once they were big enough for a normal seatbelt, and you didn't need to cart a pram/stroller around. They are to big now to sit in the back of the ke15 comfortably for any length of time.

 

Just thought it would be interesting (and it has) to hear peoples views.

Edited by Felix

We are driving an 01-02 zze122r corolla sedan, we have just the one, the back seat is a bit cramped though, if we have more I would go for something bigger.

I personally don't mind the BA Falcon XR6. Can't stand the XT base model and not a fan of the BF styling.

 

Wouldnt touch a Holden with a 10 foot pole, unless its for obvious destruction of said Holden :no2:

 

I think a Celsior would be pretty roomy, same as an Aristo. :y:

Mk1 Golf.

 

Fits baby seat in perfect, boot space big enough to fit full size pram, port-a-cot, bag of clothes, and some toys for the Little one.

 

Would go something bigger, but this is just great on fuel, and is very snappy around town and on the HWY. and gives the rolla a rest.. poor thing in the shed broken :no2:

well if i ever get preggo i hope my belley still fits behind the wheel of my ke70, I'm not getting rid of it, the bf has a gemini panelvan, very roomy, might have to steel it off him for a while lol.

 

but would have to get back seats put in, other than that very roomy.

Edited by Rolla_Baby

Definetely a Caldina or perhaps a Carib :lovin:

 

+1.... for the Caldina that is.

 

I'm trying to convince my missus that this is a much better idea than the 318i she wants. :lolcry:

 

Dunno if you want to spend this much, but they're just seem to me to be a good compromise between a week day kid hauler for mum, and something dad can have some fun in on a weekend.

 

If you're not familiar with them they are basically just a GT4 celica chassis with a camry wagon body on top. The fact they're AWD can also give you some confidence say if the missus needs to drive in the wet/snow.

 

I think I prefer the look of the 97-98 models.....

 

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_tr...-All-Categories

commodore sedan or wagon. Cheap parts, easy to work on, reliable enough and roomy. (plus I'm a holden fan, so its kind of a given)

 

I think Karlie has her heart set on a silver VE SS wagon (talked her away from black) and in a few years when we plan to have midgets, they will have come down in price enough to make them a good buy.

 

The HX ute will then get rebuilt as a fun car, and I'll just keep chugging along in the VT as a daily. (which would also be fine to take kids in)

  • Author

Taz is that an e36 that your missus likes? If so find a manual 6 cyl version, be way more fun to drive. They aren't the biggest of cars though. An E34 is way cooler/bigger, find a 535i manual and build it to Alpina B10 specs. :lolcry:

 

Not a big fan of the look of the Caldinas. Sure they would go well though.

 

Wouldn't mind a Liberty/Legacy RS/GT/GTB wagon though. Missus loves the first shape, if I could find a low kay manual version the hasn't been raped by some young bloke, I'd consider one.

13 sec 2JZGTTE Aristo FTW!!!

 

funny you should mention that ... we have a 1997 aristo as one of our main family cars - leather / cruise / sunroof etc etc - got one with all the fruit. I sold my JZA80 and got the aristo as a replacement. however we also have a 2001 ford laser. MUCH cheaper on the fuel ...

 

and to be honest ... if i could get any decent money for the aristo - i would swap it out for a holden / ford wagon on LPG real quick.

 

i have come to the realisation that if you have a weekend toy why do you need something flash / sporty / grunty for daily duties??

 

we have a mazda 808 in the shed copping 13bt engine conversion and when i get a place big enough for 2 toys in the shed a KE corolla will be there as well ...

 

the laser and aristo both have good and bad points - the laser - great on fuel, the aristo - great car to drive and feels much more solid on the road.

 

for round town duties i prefer the laser - but for distance driving (from perth to esperance and back for holiday) the aristo is a much nicer tourer.

 

plans were originally to do 6spd single turbo conversion ... but after getting the car, getting the 6spd conversion, new clutch etc etc realised i didn't have the time and it wasn't worth the hassle so sold the 6spd conversion, the 4-pot supra brakes, the LSD ... and just keeping it stock instead.

Although i'm years off that time, a Subaru Forester GT. Great all rounders.

well i went from a Laser to the 97 CrapBird when the kids were little, when they were older I got sick of driving the family car and got the sportivo, BUT were thinking of having more kids and I'm mulling over a 2004 Liberty (tuned by STI) :lolcry: hubby has always had his MR2

Mk1 Golf.

 

I applaud you Falken_KE30. I had one of these and I loved it. Underated excitement machine. :lovin:

 

Personally I am with BlindKidSeeks. As far as a cool family car I reckon the Odyssey is a great choice. Loving the Mazda CX7's as well.

 

No way would you get me into a Commo or Falcon and as for putting something on LPG..... are you joking me? I would rather cut out my own eyes. :lolcry:

Personally I am with BlindKidSeeks. As far as a cool family car I reckon the Odyssey is a great choice. Loving the Mazda CX7's as well.

 

Odyssey's and CX7/9's are worlds apart!!! :lolcry: You do know they have the same turbo'd 2.3lt as Mazda3&6 MPS's?

Odyssey's and CX7/9's are worlds apart!!! :lolcry: You do know they have the same turbo'd 2.3lt as Mazda3&6 MPS's?

 

It's more about what I like the look of than anything else so world's apart is quite likely. As far as what motor anything runs I really don't care anymore. Not trying to lose my licence again any time soon. Nor am I trying to drag race the youth in their Skyline's if I have a car with all my family in it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.