Uncle Shady Has A New Daily

7shades

This car officially rocks my world. Grandad pimpin.

1985 Volvo 240 GLE (SE)

2.3 Injected

4 speed overdrive auto

15" Alloys

LSD

Electric everything

Tint

Leather (cow) covered in lambswool (sheep)

Factory 'snowcatcher' floor mats

Extra gauge pack ( Outside temp gauge goes down to minus 25 :S )

Flawless paint

Bigger brakes than a Landcruiser..,

and...

THE SEAT BELT RELEASE BUTTONS ARE ILLUMINATED

(how cool is that shit)

This car drives better and is much more comfortable than some I have driven directly off the showroom floor... And has more interior appointments, better brakes, handles superbly, has more than enough poke, rides like a cloud and is quiet as a mouse at 100kph. No squeaks, no rattles, no leaks.

Its 24 years old.

Cars like this remind me that once upon a time, cars were built to a standard, not to a budget.

I'm keeping it forever.

post-1955-1256424398_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1256424459_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1256424480_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1256424532_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1256424581_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1256424602_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1256424621_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

As soon as I opened this thread and looked at the first pics, first words that came out of my mouth were 'Oh no...' lol.

Sounds like you got yourself quite a nice daily here 7shades. I've always wondered what these old volvos are like because i'm pretty sure they are the most common cars I see for under $1000. Might have to look into getting one. :S

It really is quite simple. Once you have owned a 200 series Volvo, the bar has been set. as sad as it sounds, it sets your standards unrealistically high.

And when you jump into an 06 commodore, falcon or magna & start pointing out the comparable strengths in your 18yr old volvo; It raises the question - What went wrong?

Its funny. It doesnt squeek, it doesnt rattle. It doesnt have throttle lag, it doesnt have top end knocks. It doesnt shudder, shake or pull to the wrong side of the road. Ill even go as far as to say it really feels like a Better-car than a new-age built Australian vehicle.

Get the small things sorted on it, for the sheer fact that its 20 years old, and it will give less pain & cost less than a new car. A new car warranty is one thing, but a well built car is totally different.

Keep up the bloody volvo driver campaign Australia. The more everyone hates them, the less they are worth, the cheaper i can get them. And that means everyone goes back to commodores, which at the end of the day, we have to fix :S hahahahahahah

lovely cycle, isnt it : )