Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Getting Stuff Off Yahoo Japan?

Featured Replies

i've been looking through yahoo japan's auctions on wheels and stuff, and there are some beautiful parts going fairly cheap (set of 14" starsharks for $23!). i'm assuming they don't use paypal... so how do i order stuff from japan? any other places that are a bit easier to get things from?

Find a broker. They'll bid on the auction for you up to your specified limit, ship the items to a local (japanese) address and then ship them to Australia. Really simple process. I'd recommend the guy I used to use but I haven't dealt with him recently so I'm reluctant to. No doubt someone else can recommend someone.

Keep in mind that postage for 4 wheels is over $280. Ill PM you with a website, he's the cheapest I know of.

i've been looking through yahoo japan's auctions on wheels and stuff, and there are some beautiful parts going fairly cheap (set of 14" starsharks for $23!). i'm assuming they don't use paypal... so how do i order stuff from japan? any other places that are a bit easier to get things from?

 

 

Jesse Streeter

 

Use this guy, i've heard good things.

Jesse Streeter

 

Use this guy, i've heard good things.

 

 

The reason you have to use a broker is the Japanese have it pretty tightly sewn up to keep foreigners out of Yahoo auctions.

 

I had a friend move to Japan for a few years, and while he was there I had him get a couple of parts for me from Yahoo.

 

He had to start a japanese bank account before he could join. Even then there were hurdles. If he didnt have his Japanese and English speaking girlfriend he would have been totally lost. It took him about 2 months just to get to a point where he could buy things.

 

If they wanted to get the best price for everything they would make it public and use paypal, but then thats the opposite of how they do they business, and the sellers suffer if you ask me.

Import Monster. I have got wheels and bits a piece through them.

 

Good stuff, tho they a bit on the expensive side sometimes.

i`ve used Monster Import too,its not too bad but you have to be a member first so that you can browse their items for sale.it`s like Ebay,give them a go first?you might consider buying a TE27 lol!

I've met the guy who runs import monster, he's quite a nice guy. Been to his shop a couple of times, heaps of awesome stuff there!

www.importmonster.com.au makes it really easy and i would rate his service highly.. sometimes the shipping is a killer, but that is the way it works from japan.

 

www.rinkya.com is another service i have used. they always felt like they had their hand out for another fee and another charge, but were also good to deal with

 

lots of people rate jesse streeter but i have never used his service

  • Author

thanks guys ;) now all i need to do is get yahoo working agian...

i've used 3 different methods for getting goods from YJP. one is NLA.

 

ImportMonster i'd recommend if the goods are large/heavy (rims, bodykit, engine). don't buy small things (gearknobs/badges) and expect to get them here cheaply.

 

Jesse Streeter is great for smaller, cheaper things.

 

dF

I'm considering this.

 

I have a Japanese wife.

 

My father in-law is a Japanese postal worker.

 

she is bilingual

 

I'm bilingual in speech (I can't read) but I'm a mechanic who can explain a car part.

 

maybe we can set up a bulk order for all interested and work out a deal. I promise not to rip the arse out of you but wife/father will need a commission.

 

sound fair?

  • 6 months later...

DIG DIG.

 

Are any actual regular rollaclub members buyers from yahoo auctions?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.