Getting Stuff Off Yahoo Japan?

lanceishere

i've been looking through yahoo japan's auctions on wheels and stuff, and there are some beautiful parts going fairly cheap (set of 14" starsharks for $23!). i'm assuming they don't use paypal... so how do i order stuff from japan? any other places that are a bit easier to get things from?

Members dont see this ad

Find a broker. They'll bid on the auction for you up to your specified limit, ship the items to a local (japanese) address and then ship them to Australia. Really simple process. I'd recommend the guy I used to use but I haven't dealt with him recently so I'm reluctant to. No doubt someone else can recommend someone.

i've been looking through yahoo japan's auctions on wheels and stuff, and there are some beautiful parts going fairly cheap (set of 14" starsharks for $23!). i'm assuming they don't use paypal... so how do i order stuff from japan? any other places that are a bit easier to get things from?

Jesse Streeter

Use this guy, i've heard good things.

Jesse Streeter

Use this guy, i've heard good things.

The reason you have to use a broker is the Japanese have it pretty tightly sewn up to keep foreigners out of Yahoo auctions.

I had a friend move to Japan for a few years, and while he was there I had him get a couple of parts for me from Yahoo.

He had to start a japanese bank account before he could join. Even then there were hurdles. If he didnt have his Japanese and English speaking girlfriend he would have been totally lost. It took him about 2 months just to get to a point where he could buy things.

If they wanted to get the best price for everything they would make it public and use paypal, but then thats the opposite of how they do they business, and the sellers suffer if you ask me.

www.importmonster.com.au makes it really easy and i would rate his service highly.. sometimes the shipping is a killer, but that is the way it works from japan.

www.rinkya.com is another service i have used. they always felt like they had their hand out for another fee and another charge, but were also good to deal with

lots of people rate jesse streeter but i have never used his service

i've used 3 different methods for getting goods from YJP. one is NLA.

ImportMonster i'd recommend if the goods are large/heavy (rims, bodykit, engine). don't buy small things (gearknobs/badges) and expect to get them here cheaply.

Jesse Streeter is great for smaller, cheaper things.

dF

I'm considering this.

I have a Japanese wife.

My father in-law is a Japanese postal worker.

she is bilingual

I'm bilingual in speech (I can't read) but I'm a mechanic who can explain a car part.

maybe we can set up a bulk order for all interested and work out a deal. I promise not to rip the arse out of you but wife/father will need a commission.

sound fair?

• 6 months later...