I Have A Crazy Idea For My Rolla To Run Past You Guys

comtoy

Maybe it was only a 3.0L, One of the guys at work told me it was a 3.5 when I asked what size the engine was, He had a 3.5 rodeo so he probably got confused, Went alright for a 3.0 then.

I got 2200kg from the scales at incitec pivot, Remember my ute was a work vehicle so I had the XL toolbox on the back plus all my tools, Workshop issued tools, Spare parts and fluids.

Those XL bodies are super heavy eh.

By the way they are super thirst with the stock 4.9:1 diffs.

Members dont see this ad

i remember 4wdriving with my pajero and the amount of times it went under 500rpm and still crawled along. Good torque and likes to rev, not good fuel economy though...but then again if your doing a conversion fuel consumption isn't really a priority

Edited by jono1986

Sounds about right. Flog it and you waste 300 dollar tyres and get 350.

I did notice fuel economy wasnt much different if you carry a big load.

Ha, Work ute, When wasn't it flogged, I don't think I ever turned the A/C off either and it was only ever run on caltex standard unleaded as the fuel cards didn't allow premium.

I was just thinking the 2.0L out of a Vitara. Not much down low in the rev range though.

1MZ-FE from a Camry ? 3.0L, quad cam, 24v, all alloy and 140kw.

Edited by AE70

I wouldnt use any of the mitsu v6s, they don't have a good rep, a pretty unreliable breakable thing really.

nissan vg20 out of early 300zx? Cheap as, rwd, change ALL water hoses and should be sweet.

I,m only working to QLD rules which allow weight x3 so a KE55 @ 910kg is allowed 2730cc na

You could try a Mazda K8DE motor. A NA 1.8 liter V6, found in the Mazda Eunos 30X. They love a rev and sound great doing it. But they only have about 100kw.

Those 1.8lt are pretty crap. Ex GF had a 30X, I drag raced it once and could get any better than a mid 16 IIRC. A mildy worked 4k can do that!!!

We also spent a fortune on it as it kept blowing head gaskets.

Those 1.8lt are pretty crap. Ex GF had a 30X, I drag raced it once and could get any better than a mid 16 IIRC. A mildy worked 4k can do that!!!

We also spent a fortune on it as it kept blowing head gaskets.

Yeah, they were not great. Sound good (just a little better that a 4K). But as I said, 100kw. That's not a lot. And their a heavy little critter too.

I'm not aware of head gasket problems. I had the 2.0 V6 Astina, and in 90 thousand kays I did in it, it didn't sneeze. 2.0 V6 again sounds good, and no grunt unless flogged.

I knew a guy who had one of these engines packed into a KB Ford Laser. Sure it was a bit faster but just the noise made heads turn.

Edited by clubby2084