Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Have A Crazy Idea For My Rolla To Run Past You Guys

Featured Replies

Maybe it was only a 3.0L, One of the guys at work told me it was a 3.5 when I asked what size the engine was, He had a 3.5 rodeo so he probably got confused, Went alright for a 3.0 then.

 

I got 2200kg from the scales at incitec pivot, Remember my ute was a work vehicle so I had the XL toolbox on the back plus all my tools, Workshop issued tools, Spare parts and fluids.

 

 

Those XL bodies are super heavy eh.

 

By the way they are super thirst with the stock 4.9:1 diffs.

i remember 4wdriving with my pajero and the amount of times it went under 500rpm and still crawled along. Good torque and likes to rev, not good fuel economy though...but then again if your doing a conversion fuel consumption isn't really a priority

Edited by jono1986

Those XL bodies are super heavy eh.

 

By the way they are super thirst with the stock 4.9:1 diffs.

 

Dunno, Same toolbox as this:

 

post-1373-1271412431_thumb.jpg

 

I used to get 450k's to a tank.

Sounds about right. Flog it and you waste 300 dollar tyres and get 350.

 

I did notice fuel economy wasnt much different if you carry a big load.

 

Ha, Work ute, When wasn't it flogged, I don't think I ever turned the A/C off either and it was only ever run on caltex standard unleaded as the fuel cards didn't allow premium.

How about suzuki out of vitara, all alloy 4 cams 24 valve, very light and compact, also they come in 2L 2.5L 2.7L and i think the new ones are 3.2L. theres on in there for any corolla

I was just thinking the 2.0L out of a Vitara. Not much down low in the rev range though.

 

1MZ-FE from a Camry ? 3.0L, quad cam, 24v, all alloy and 140kw.

Edited by AE70

I wouldnt use any of the mitsu v6s, they don't have a good rep, a pretty unreliable breakable thing really.

 

nissan vg20 out of early 300zx? Cheap as, rwd, change ALL water hoses and should be sweet.

You could try a Mazda K8DE motor. A NA 1.8 liter V6, found in the Mazda Eunos 30X. They love a rev and sound great doing it. But they only have about 100kw.

I wouldnt use any of the mitsu v6s, they don't have a good rep, a pretty unreliable breakable thing really.

 

nissan vg20 out of early 300zx? Cheap as, rwd, change ALL water hoses and should be sweet.

I,m only working to QLD rules which allow weight x3 so a KE55 @ 910kg is allowed 2730cc na

FTO does not come turbo factory, however u can put a twin turbo 2.5L legnum donk in, or jsut use a single large turbo, do it all right and ull see 300Kw at the wheels on around 25psi, goes pretty fast too :dance:

You could try a Mazda K8DE motor. A NA 1.8 liter V6, found in the Mazda Eunos 30X. They love a rev and sound great doing it. But they only have about 100kw.

 

Those 1.8lt are pretty crap. Ex GF had a 30X, I drag raced it once and could get any better than a mid 16 IIRC. A mildy worked 4k can do that!!!

 

We also spent a fortune on it as it kept blowing head gaskets.

Those 1.8lt are pretty crap. Ex GF had a 30X, I drag raced it once and could get any better than a mid 16 IIRC. A mildy worked 4k can do that!!!

 

We also spent a fortune on it as it kept blowing head gaskets.

 

Yeah, they were not great. Sound good (just a little better that a 4K). But as I said, 100kw. That's not a lot. And their a heavy little critter too.

 

I'm not aware of head gasket problems. I had the 2.0 V6 Astina, and in 90 thousand kays I did in it, it didn't sneeze. 2.0 V6 again sounds good, and no grunt unless flogged.

I knew a guy who had one of these engines packed into a KB Ford Laser. Sure it was a bit faster but just the noise made heads turn.

Edited by clubby2084

I,m only working to QLD rules which allow weight x3 so a KE55 @ 910kg is allowed 2730cc na

 

 

Yep I'm aware of that, i said vg20, as in 2 litre 6 cylinder, i believe they were aus delivered in the early (ugly) 300s.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.