Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

Featured Replies

hahahahha yeah that would be good but less skids in parks :lolcry:

 

see ya

 

jimi

  • Replies 237
  • Views 72.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Went for a longish drive last night, and I have to say she is a rough ride since lowering her hahaah! But I'm not to fussed, will just need to buy a cushion for GORC other wise I will have a very sore

  • We'll miss you here. Hopefully it won't be too long before you're back though. Once Corolla's are in your blood, you are locked in for ever.

Posted Images

  • Author

hahaha yep, iv been driving like a granny lately =[ just gone super sedate haha

Hahahah yeah its prob for the best i think :wink:

 

see ya

 

jimi

Did the suspension guys do a wheel alignment after lowering the beast? Usually going down low throws the caster out and the camber. This will affect the angle that the tie rod end sits in lower control arm. Can cause all the grease to be pushed out of the tie rod boots. Getting an alignment may be the go and grease up all your front end joints and bushings.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yea they did an alignment but thats about it, I'm guessing it needs a bit of a grease, Which I wil probably do myself this weekend coming up... Ben crazy busy of late =\

  • Author

is $1450 expensive for a 7k?? I havent seen a whole lot of them about and therefore unable to determine a price, it was a carby one as well... or would I be better off going for a efi one?? I spose i figure this will be a much more straight forward conversion into a ke20? OR do the engine mounts still need to be modified?

 

Just figure a 4agze will be alot more messing around... as I would be thinking of putting a turbo onto the 7k

Edited by jaygore

hey mate nice car. is the suspension stiff in the rear after lowering it. if so what did you put in it. and also if you do a conversion and its available id love to buy the 5k setup.

cheers

you should also consider what will blow up with a engine swap.

 

matty has a 7k with webers in his ke30, blew a k50, cracked the shits and put a w58 (i think) townace box in it with a r31 lsd rear end.

 

mostly depends what your driving style is like.

 

turbo 7k i would be thinking a tricked 3 speed with a decent sized stall convert..

you should also consider what will blow up with a engine swap.

 

matty has a 7k with webers in his ke30, blew a k50, cracked the shits and put a w58 (i think) townace box in it with a r31 lsd rear end.

 

mostly depends what your driving style is like.

 

turbo 7k i would be thinking a tricked 3 speed with a decent sized stall convert..

He put a W55 townace box in it :)

lion elephant same

  • Author

hahaha well i have no issues in putting another gear box or diff in, I am just thinking it will be a decent power increase and I will obvioulsy get an EFI version which will just make it that much better... But then I still keep thinking a 4age or 4agze would be better

 

also another thing, I'm hitting bummp stops alot in the rear, it seems to be worse =\ have i lowered it too much or do I just need to get the leafs reset?

  • Author

hey mate nice car. is the suspension stiff in the rear after lowering it. if so what did you put in it. and also if you do a conversion and its available id love to buy the 5k setup.

cheers

 

Hi mate I don't actually have the 5k setup anymore, it blew up, So I am currently running a 4k with twin webbers

if its still legal (100mm at the lowest part of the car)

 

 

trim the bumpstops. you might need short stroke shocks so they don't keep bottoming out

  • Author

yea its still at legal height so thats not a problem....

 

Short stroke shocks?? not to sure about any of this =\ what is needed to do that?

I'm hitting bummp stops alot in the rear,

 

Softer bumps stops are probably the best bet. You can't rely on the shocks to limit bump as you will bend the shaft or smash the piston.

 

Cutting the bump stop shorter makes them really hard when you finally hit them, but the new-style plastic bump stops are designed to give more so they're not so harsh at first.

 

If you it a bump stop halfway through a corner the tail snaps out instantly, as you've probably found out...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.