Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

jaygore

Members dont see this ad

Did the suspension guys do a wheel alignment after lowering the beast? Usually going down low throws the caster out and the camber. This will affect the angle that the tie rod end sits in lower control arm. Can cause all the grease to be pushed out of the tie rod boots. Getting an alignment may be the go and grease up all your front end joints and bushings.

• 2 weeks later...

is $1450 expensive for a 7k?? I havent seen a whole lot of them about and therefore unable to determine a price, it was a carby one as well... or would I be better off going for a efi one?? I spose i figure this will be a much more straight forward conversion into a ke20? OR do the engine mounts still need to be modified?

Just figure a 4agze will be alot more messing around... as I would be thinking of putting a turbo onto the 7k

Edited by jaygore

you should also consider what will blow up with a engine swap.

matty has a 7k with webers in his ke30, blew a k50, cracked the shits and put a w58 (i think) townace box in it with a r31 lsd rear end.

mostly depends what your driving style is like.

turbo 7k i would be thinking a tricked 3 speed with a decent sized stall convert..

you should also consider what will blow up with a engine swap.

matty has a 7k with webers in his ke30, blew a k50, cracked the shits and put a w58 (i think) townace box in it with a r31 lsd rear end.

mostly depends what your driving style is like.

turbo 7k i would be thinking a tricked 3 speed with a decent sized stall convert..

He put a W55 townace box in it :)

hahaha well i have no issues in putting another gear box or diff in, I am just thinking it will be a decent power increase and I will obvioulsy get an EFI version which will just make it that much better... But then I still keep thinking a 4age or 4agze would be better

also another thing, I'm hitting bummp stops alot in the rear, it seems to be worse =\ have i lowered it too much or do I just need to get the leafs reset?

hey mate nice car. is the suspension stiff in the rear after lowering it. if so what did you put in it. and also if you do a conversion and its available id love to buy the 5k setup.

cheers

Hi mate I don't actually have the 5k setup anymore, it blew up, So I am currently running a 4k with twin webbers

I'm hitting bummp stops alot in the rear,

Softer bumps stops are probably the best bet. You can't rely on the shocks to limit bump as you will bend the shaft or smash the piston.

Cutting the bump stop shorter makes them really hard when you finally hit them, but the new-style plastic bump stops are designed to give more so they're not so harsh at first.

If you it a bump stop halfway through a corner the tail snaps out instantly, as you've probably found out...