The World Cup

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I can't stand soccer. I rate it among Horse Racing and Motorbike Racing.

I'm normally all for supporting the Australian Team in any sport.....but seriously....the Aus Soccer Team? They have won nothing, and always bail out in the first few rounds of any tournament.

I hate how the media built them up to being Australias best chance of winning the World Cup.....Seriously? How deluded are they?

Then when Aus failed to perform as expected, they start finding reasons for the failure. Its the coaches fault...what was he thinking, yadda yadda.

/rant

Edited by kangaroosa

No, I can't stand soccer. I rate it among Horse Racing and Motorbike Racing.

I'm normally all for supporting the Australian Team in any sport.....but seriously....the Aus Soccer Team? They have won nothing, and always bail out in the first few rounds of any tournament.

I hate how the media builded them up to being Australias best chance of winning the World Cup.....Seriously? How deluded are they?

Then when Aus failed to perform as expected, they start finding reasons for the failure. Its the coaches fault...what was he thinking, yadda yadda.

/rant

Yep, we win nothing.

Yep, we're useless.

My care factor is zero. At least we made it to the finals. We're that country at the bottom of the planet that nobody rates. So at least we can turn up and hopefully give some team the shits. Sorta reminds me of 'rollas. The car nobody thinks of becoming a cult!

one lebanse bloke at work was giving me shit cause greece lost againt south korea, i made my self clear that "i don't give a f@$k".

he kept annoying me till i asked "why isnt lebanon in the world cup? to shit to enter?"

havent heard a peep since then LOL!

I hate how the media built them up to being Australias best chance of winning the World Cup.....Seriously? How deluded are they?

/rant

Pretty sure that they're Australias only chance of winning the world cup. Also what do you mean they've won nothing. How do you think they got into the last two world cups?

Pretty sure that they're Australias only chance of winning the world cup. Also what do you mean they've won nothing. How do you think they got into the last two world cups?

Yes they are Australias only chance of winning a World Cup......If you believe that will ever happen, you need a reality check.

I don't follow soccer, but whenever I hear Australia and Soccer mentioned in the news, its always about them bailing out of something.

How many countries actually missed out on making it into the World Cup? How involved in Soccer are they normally in a regular basis?

Soccer as a whole shits me. The players are big girls blouses. They should be well payed actors, not sportsmen. The horns......wtf is up with the horns?

..... The horns......wtf is up with the horns?

the horns arent part of football, they are part of south african sport.

maybe instead of bitching about sports you don't like you should concentrate on things you do like, because all you've done with every post in this thread is show your ignorance.

maybe instead of bitching about sports you don't like you should concentrate on things you do like, because all you've done with every post in this thread is show your ignorance.

this may be true.

but i cannot stand the horns!!!!

i have no problem with them, being part of culture or whatever, but you have to admit they are quite annoying to listen to 90mins!!!

i don't watch soccer any other time unless its the world cup, i don't know why, i play soccer each week but don't watch it, i just figure it only happends every 4yrs so might as well get involved. last time it was on i watched all the ausi games.

i hadnt watched any soccer this year untill the saturday game of australia-ghana (exams last week). turned it on at 1125pm, to find that my TV has really bad SBS reception. 5mins to find a live feed on the internet and we were watching the game, at 15 frames per second....

never the less we were sitting down supporting austalia....untill about 25mins in....

WHERE DO THEY GET THESE REFEREES!!!!

red card for a hand ball that really wasnt intended? id like to boot a soccer ball at that ref and see how he reacts!!

i mean sure a penalty or whatever for a handball, but completley sent off? i thought red cards were for when there is a punch up or for when the player does a few very harsh tackles, or agro players etc.

the thing i find a bit weird and annoying about soccer, is that the goal count is usually very low (1-1 for instance on saturday) and these goals can be the result of a poor decision by a referee. and it seems to be a very regular thing, where the outcome of a game is pretty much decided by the referees decisions.

and the other thing, the single ref seems to have complete and control of the game, and it can't be questioned. why isnt there a video ref to confirm these severe decisions? espeically like i say, 1 poor decisions can change who wins/looses.

and don't even get me started on how players exadurate when they get tackled, fall on the ground rolling around hoping for a penalty....

Firstly STFU

Secondly, Its a public forum where a question was posed and replies were welcomed.

In no way did I say that the horns were stricly soccer related. I simply said "The Horns...Wtf"?

I suggest you go get some fresh air and calm down buddy.

I had an extended break from visiting RC because of self opiniated morons like yourself. I think one of those breaks is due again if i keep logging in to read utter rubbish from people like yourself.

P.S. How are the Aussies going?:jamie:

I love how people bag a sport they know nothing about!

I'm actually right into the World Cup. Australia did very well to even make it in and they landed in a pretty freakin tough group. Germany, Serbia and Ghana ?!?!?!? Jeezuz! These are all nations where Football is their premier sport. In Australia it is not our most popular sport, but we made it anyway.

You showed your ignorance kangaroosa by saying "How many countries actually missed out on making it into the World Cup? How involved in Soccer are they normally in a regular basis?". After already saying you don't follow the sport. Actually plenty of nations, where Football is their most popular sport, didn't make it. Australia did make it. We should be proud of that.

Personally I'm enjoying it. I'm following Australia, Greece and Mexico. Sadly over night results meant that Greece do not move onto the round of 16 and to be honest it would take a miracle for Australia to make it through also. So now my hopes fall to Mexico. Again due to overnight results.... they do move through to the round of 16, even though they lost to Uruguay. Thankfully Bafana Bafana had a bag of goals scored against them meaning that Mexico scraped through even though they had the same amount of points.

Of course the most popular teams have been interesting to watch.... Argentina, Spain (although they have been in poor form), Brazil, Portugal etc......... but I gotta say that I have enjoyed watching Chile play. Also enjoyed the upheaval in the French team.

Anyway...... GO MEXICO !!!!!!!!

PS: The red card on Kewell was unfortunate for Australia..... but by the rules of the game it is a handball. The biggest problem is the inconsistency of the referees.