4Wd Ke70

rian

Members dont see this ad

I think there was some talk of doing something like thise from someone in QLD. 7Shades i think.

Here's proof it can be done!

This might have been what you were thinking about...?

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/29426-beginning-of-my-suzota/

Ok, so this one aparently has a tercel awd system...... but weren't tercel's still east-west! :hmm:

AL25's. My wife used to have one. The flywheel pretty much sat on top of the front diff.

Changed the clutch in it. That's far too many hours of my life I'm not getting back. What a pain in the arse!!! Just to really piss me off the car got a terminal defect a couple of months later and has been put out to pasture!

The original post is a curious concept. The diff's in them aren't big, and probably don't have LSD options, so I'm not sure how well the setup would actually work.

Edited by snot35

Yes... I did get all the pieces together to do this very conversion a couple of years ago but ran out of motivation somewhere along the line.

Actually I think someone offered me a silly amount of money for the AL25 driveline donor so I sold it... :P

• 11 months later...

Hi all, I purchased a KE70 last year running tercel running gear, therefore 4wd KE70. It was built by a guy in Carlingford in Sydney, who set it up for rallying, roll bar, race seats, 4age. The problem I have is it has locked front and rear diffs, and I want to use it for track days, so the front crabs when steering so it is sitting on blocks in the garage waiting for time to sort it out. I will try and post some pictures next week.

Do you guys run any track days in NSW? The car is unregistered.

Thanks

postpics.gif

Mind-boggling!! What is it like undeneath?? Chopped and welded to fit the front drive in??

Why don't you fit a stock diff in the front and leave the rear locked?? Can you run an LSD setup in the center diff?? other wise one spinning tyre will tkill any traction with open diffs.

Start a build thread!

God that thing would be horrible to drive! I remember when my wife's car used to get stuck in 4wd mode (locked centre diff), it was a pain in the arse. Add locked and front rear diffs and it would be near impossible.

I'd go for an open front diff at the very least. You'll probably struggle to find LSD's or anything similar though.