Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This Forum.

34 members have voted

  1. 1. What is the reason for the lack of social life on RC?

    • Members just finished yr12 and are currently at schoolies?
      8%
      2
    • People just think of their corolla as a 'car' now and not a way of life?
      12%
      3
    • Better things to do?
      8%
      2
    • Got another vehicle make and now socialise on those forums??
      8%
      2
    • JiP is gone?
      64%
      16

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 74
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • +1   Having used the search function a number of times to find info on here it is frustrating to find several threads on the same issue which all have such varying information in them.   Maybe on

I'm not sure more moderation will help much, but it may be the only thing we can do. it seems that alot of the threads popping up are from people that are just lazy and don't want to research themselves. and I'm not sure how you combat that, without driving people away.

 

like some others have said, we were all knew nothing at some stage.

 

and not everyone is keen on going on cruises, especially if people have family/kids etc.

What does everyone expect from an online car forum?? Surely it starts, it grows though a great enthusuiastic phase, it matures and slows down, then it slowly dies..

 

The growing phase is when all the obvious information is discovered and sorted, like the FAQ. The mature phase is when it is used by the new people joining who are looking for that info, and the new information being discovered is far more subtle and difficult, and then the info is static as all the really enthusiastic engineers have moved on and the cars are very had to find. We will end up with fewer, more expensive 'rollas on the road like Datsun 1600s are now, so there won't be a stack of young P-platers running around with $800 shit-buckets busily chopping springs and cutting off mufflers.

 

We don't have any real engineering/technical depth, I suppose most of that is in Toymods, so we are limited to general data on the cars and some experience in swapping other car's parts onto them. A couple of days in the Wiki would completely update it with everything we know, sort-of Part One, "how to make your stock rolla faster" and Part Two, "how to fit a 4AGE" and that is it.

 

I wouldn't complain- its much better than AE86DC, and KE70.com never quite got off the ground.

What gives you this idea??

 

Maybe you need to spell like a retard in your search terms. You'll get more hits.

 

My 10 year old kids can spell better than the majority of users on this forum..

 

oohhh.... I see.....

 

seen this the other day!

fuk me days its sooo fricken sexy, sits mad.

should sell it for more its fuking sick!!

Haha anyone else noticed that :

 

10 of the people that posted in this thread complianing about the lack of socialising are from Brisbane.

And only 5, including myself are attending the christmas light cruise.

 

I might be one of them f@$khead young 18 year old's, that loves older toyotas but know nothing about them, thats why I'm hear. To read what other people have done and hopefully not to follow their mistakes.

 

haha but when a Brisbane cruise is taking place, and some senior members from the area can't even bother making an appearence.

 

Whats the point in even trying?

 

What's so interesting about looking at a bunch of lights? :)

  • 2 weeks later...

Well yeah, RC is a bit dead atm post wise, but I believe there is still a lot of dedicated readers like myself. I think as a forum gets on in age most of the relevant topics have been covered. What I've noticed of late when new members jump on and ask silly questions that could have been searched for they get shunned into submission, which won't lead to any new long term members. It is easy to use the search button, but the effort that many go to flaming people is probably longer than the effort to copy and paste a link to help a new member, especially when you've read every 2nd post in the last 5 years and know what to search for.

 

RC used to be a thriving community, and a community is only as strong as those who guide the way for the up and comers. Maybe us older farts who've been on here a while need to take the time for a quick G'day in the threads of new members to try and foster enough positive attitude to make people feel like reciprocating in the RC community.

i may not post alot, but i am on here daily, for me it is the fact that i know i can search for what i want to find rather than start a new topic, then wait for replies that may never come.

 

 

i'd love to go cruisin, but noone else in my area seems to want to.

 

on that note, i'm gonna go check my local threads.

It is easy to use the search button, but the effort that many go to flaming people is probably longer than the effort to copy and paste a link to help a new member, especially when you've read every 2nd post in the last 5 years and know what to search for.

 

Agree totally, jesus just answer their question if it's a reasonable one. The other thing that's been shitting me off is people flaming with "READ THE FAQ" then after a bit of a look.... Oh right, the answer to your question isnt even in the FAQ.

  • Author

Agree totally, jesus just answer their question if it's a reasonable one. The other thing that's been shitting me off is people flaming with "READ THE FAQ" then after a bit of a look.... Oh right, the answer to your question isnt even in the FAQ.

 

Or 'you can't spell, piss off'

i come on here once every few days generally just reading the same things over and over cos every kid with their drift ke70 wants to tell the world, i made some threads made some posts and no one ever really replies so then i loose interest and go off and work on cars instead...

 

i miss the club spirit and cruising all the time but i guess people arent so keen anymore or are far more involved in car specific forums like jzx and cressida and toymods n all that, generally where i find myself trawling these days because its all new to me.

at 15L/100km its too expensive for me to cruise lol, and i didnt mean car specific really that was bad wording i meant to imply that people with chasers will go to jzx people with nissans will go to ns or the like and so on, i have 2 toyotas but still find myself on ns and the like because they have decent threads not filled with ke70 cut spring wannabe drifters.

I've got far better things to do than deal with you lot at the moment.

 

It's Christmas. I don't like evicting people over Christmas. It goes against the spirit of things.

 

Therefore, I've deleted posts, and let us not talk of it again.

 

If we do have talk about it again, you will have a very quiet Christmas on Rollaclub.

 

And on topic: Some people don't cruise. I don't cruise. Never have. It's not me, and I don't have the car to do it.

Edited by Redwarf

  • Author

I've got far better things to do than deal with you lot at the moment.

 

It's Christmas. I don't like evicting people over Christmas. It goes against the spirit of things.

 

Therefore, I've deleted posts, and let us not talk of it again.

 

If we do have talk about it again, you will have a very quiet Christmas on Rollaclub.

 

And on topic: Some people don't cruise. I don't cruise. Never have. It's not me, and I don't have the car to do it.

 

Pissup cruise in the back of the Toerag.

I've got far better things to do than deal with you lot at the moment.

 

It's Christmas. I don't like evicting people over Christmas. It goes against the spirit of things.

 

Therefore, I've deleted posts, and let us not talk of it again.

 

If we do have talk about it again, you will have a very quiet Christmas on Rollaclub.

 

And on topic: Some people don't cruise. I don't cruise. Never have. It's not me, and I don't have the car to do it.

 

Sik, I'll race ya for pinks bro! ;)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.