Crash At Winton Tampered Day

Rob 5000

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah plenty of guys take their cars for a spin on the race track, good way to hoon legally in your hoon car.

crashing at a drift/track day isnt exactly un heard of, seen it heaps of times. thats a fairly nasty one though!

oh and yeah thats not a GTR, and even if it was....R33's are ugly:P

Edited by ke70dave

Yes, i know. But you may be able to afford to buy a nice street/daily whatever, and buy a cheap shitter and spend fack all to get it handling and going sweet. If you can only afford to mod your daily street car, don't risk it on a track, all sorts of things happen! My mate had it happen at willowbank, his only car, huge ego, too much boost and a big bang. What I'm getting at, why would you invest so much in a streeter, then take it to a track where its almost certain to break, or for you to crash? I'm not sure how to type what i think atm, too many thoughts.

I know what you mean, but for someone like me who can't do any mechanical work themselves (for various reasons), even just a shit dedicated track car would cost at least 10k, then I you have to either have it registered (another 1k a year) or hire a trailer and a car to tow the trailer for each day (probably about 500-600 each time). Spending 12-20k on a track car that I might get on the track at most 4 times a year seems like a bit of a waste just for a little bit of fun (I'm a terrible driver and couldn't do motorsport as a full time hobby due to my intense shitness).

That is a love tap compared to the crashes I have seen at the track, also the turbo manifold I posted in the fabrication thread I made was going on a 33 that had similar damage (rail kinked but strut tower/guard area wasn't as bad) and it was classed as a repairable write off, this was a street car that crashed on the street so he got the insurance and repaired it.

i rekon if he locked the hand break and turned as soon and he rolled on the grass

it would of slowed the car down = less damage when it reaches that wall

You haven't driven much on race tracks, have you?

The big thing there is a couple of things:

Didn't correct quick enough (that one is kind of obvious),

Steering doesn't work when the wheels are locked.

The car was unsettled coming out of the sweeper, a bag full of loud peddle none too graciously applied completed the application to have an accident. That said the car looks like a bit of a hairy dog to drive.

The application of throttle at 10 secs was the big mistake. Everything after that was a consequnce.