**project:36**

st.nick

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey st nick,nice little van and well done on the damage repair job.glad to see it survived.

just got to keep those vans on the road,and yes they look neat with no side windows.

but hey beggers can't be chosers and I'm not ashamed to have side windows in my ke38 van.

cheers from teza in bris vegas

post-2215-1169264432.jpg

Si, Rob told me you bought the lot!! Let me know when you are finished getting all the parts you need, as there may be still a few left that I need!!

1/4 finished 35... Umm... No thanks :jamie: I've waited WAY too long to get the van straight again!!

The drift camber (6 degrees negative!!) was way too unruly, and damn dangerous!! Talk about turn in!! ;) The 2 deg neg it has now is pretty close to spot on...

The grille badge is gloss black, the grille is matt. Once the gloss hardens properly, I will scratch some of it away to reveal the chrome '3 flowers' and the 'C' on the badge!!

Now, unfortunately, $$ denotes how long the next round of mods will have to wait!! (It could be quite a while!! )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

2 men came and took my baby away yesterday....

She is gone!!

I'll be taking a bit of a step back from Corolla land for a few years, but will continue to lurk, so I can see what the boys have instore for "project 36"

I really want to thank everyone who helped with advice, parts, and general bullshit... Couldn't have been any easier without all your help!!

ciao for now, and keep on rollaring!!

And the old girl got thrashed up the midlands to make it to the calender photo shot. He was about half our late, but made it in time. :D

Love your sticker work on her too Nick. Liked the "turn" on the hand brake, and "panic" and "eject" on the passenger door were hilarious!!! :y:

G'day all, this used to be my old panelvan, I bought it with a 5k 5-speed in it from Newstead Auto Wreckers a few years ago. :bash:

The motor and box now reside in my 1973 bamboo ke20 which I had at the photoshoot yesterday.

Once I took the motor and box out of her I sold it as a rolling body for something like $100 to a guy named quinten that lives near Deloraine who had a heap of rolla's.

It was a straight car, but the same can't be said now unfortunately. Yesterday was the first time I saw it in the flesh since I sold it. :y: :y: :(

These faces say it all,

Mark. :y:

And finally it comes to me, the new owner.......

Si: It only got thrashed a little, really...... Didn't want to go too hard on it with the sheer amount of noise from that diff.........

The sticker work is going to stay, because I love it, most of the dents are staying in it, except the new "modification" I did to the front drivers side quarter panel, I'll cut and mod it properly later on....... I'll open a new thread when work starts on the old girl, until then it stays stashed in the backyard with the battery out.......

Keep eyes peeled guys. :bash:

Yoda.