Stock Looking Extractors?

iwontarolla

Hey guys

I'm looking for stock looking extractors, with the new P plate laws in SA its illegal to have free flowing exhausts. So has any one know of or have stock looking headers, or any thing better then stock what doesn't look like it's not stock? If that makes sense.

Thanks chris

Members dont see this ad

Is the exhaust manafold a single or dual outlet type ?

Ke70 4k's had the single outlet, really though just put on some extractors and as others have

suggested, put a heat shield over it so it looks factory. Paint the extractors in heat proof black paint.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

Somewhere on rollaclub is a picture of a 4AGE fitted with a prominent '4K' sticker on the top...

Seems like the way to go. :laff:

..or get the 4-2-1 factory exhaust manifold, an inch & 3/4 pipe system with big quiet mufflers and a Weber under the stock air filter.

You can't see the cam, the lightened flywheel or the skimmed & ported head.

....what?

Its illegal to have extractors?

I think you mean its illegal to drive a V8 or a turbo vehicle.

Sure, extractors might net you an extra 10nm of torque on a K motor, but if you paint them with some black flameproof paint and stick with the stock carburettor setup and a quiet sports system, I don't think the cops will care if you have extractors or not, nor do I think its an issue anyway.

..or get the 4-2-1 factory exhaust manifold, an inch & 3/4 pipe system with big quiet mufflers and a Weber under the stock air filter.

You can't see the cam, the lightened flywheel or the skimmed & ported head.

+ have heard making the secondarys longer will help (pipes from manifold to Y)

its illegal to do any thing to it can't even change air filters and such. i know if you drive like a dick head you will get hammered, i have to get new extractors any way so it was just an idea to try and find some thing that looks pretty stock. i might just go withe heat shield idea. thanks for the help guys