Tyre Fitter Traineeship

Mason.

Righto so i have a job interview on friday for a full time tyre fitter position.

has anyone had experience with this role?

I have been told its going to be really hard on my back and just mentally draining.

can anyone speak from experience?

also it will be on minimum wage, is it worth it?

plus i must make the commute from bribie to redcliffe.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did tyres for a while and you learn to use your body weight pretty quick. Learn how to do suicide and split rims properly, Suicide rims can kill you if you f@$k it up.

your talking about the 6 nut 2 piece rims yea?

i remember when my formen told me to remove a truck tyre before and i had no idea what i was doing. removed the wheel nuts and was wondering why it didnt come off? went and called a tech over and he explained i was lucky to be alive? :| he put a couple wheel nuts on and smack it with a hammer and BANG the outter came off!

i lost my f@$king shit at my boss. I'm not a f@$king truck mechanic so why am i doing this shit? I'm lucky to be alive!

For the money and repetitiveness I'd look into something else mate, look into a Diesel Mechanic or Auto Electrical apprenticeship, best place to go is a Training scheme sort of thing. Like I'm a bit unsure if your have them where you are but in adelaide we have the MTA and other companies to get you into an apprenticeship and train you aswell. Goodluck.

Be prepared to want to work quick if it is a busy shop, went to the local tyre shop the other day to get 2 new 4x4 tyres, the foreman grabs the young kid and says (brand size etc) 10 minutes, he did it in 14 and this is one hell of a busy workshop.

I'm pretty friendly with the bloke that works at the tyre shop i go to. been there 5 or 6 years, was excited when he got a pay rise to 700 a week :blinks:

so yeah, if you just wanna work, do it, but theres labour hire companies you can go with for much better money than trainee wages, and you don't end up qualified in a shit paying industry