Tyre Fitter Traineeship

Mason.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 you say? You realise you'll probably be in the area of $250-300 a week. Its not easy living off that kinda money...espcially if you like modifiying cars. 1st year apprentice mechanic award wage is $250 a week, so I can't see tyre fitting being much different. How long is the traineeship by the way?

EDIT: If you're not sure if you're going to like it, find a tyre place and ask them if you can help out for a couple of days - unpaid of course. That should give you an indication of what the job is going to be like. Be careful about starting a traineeship if you're not certain about it. You will be asked to sign some kind of contract, although they usually have a probation period in which either party can cancel the contract at any time.

Edited by RedKE30

Hard work and extremely dirty. Did the occasional puncture repair in workshops.

I considered this job before my apprenticeship.

I asked the opinion of a mechanic I'd done work experience with.

His reply, "a job for those recently released from prison".

*note* the opinion expressed here is not my opinion, just the opinion of a 50 year old bloke, 20 years ago!.

Edited by Bamboo

how about being super strong, getting in awkward positions all day. everything being HUGE and weighing more than you..

I'm a light commercial vehicle mechanic, i hate working on the heavys. don't mind small trucks like canters or any Mitsubishi

how about being super strong, getting in awkward positions all day. everything being HUGE and weighing more than you..

I'm a light commercial vehicle mechanic, i hate working on the heavys. don't mind small trucks like canters or any Mitsubishi

from that answer, I just thought you were a MEMBER of rolaclub :lolcry:

please note the single l.

hola

Edited by Bamboo

from that answer, I just thought you were a MEMBER of rolaclub :lolcry:

please note the single l.

hola

PWNED

:lolcry:

Job is a job man don't matter what you do it's money in your pocket to do things you want to do. Trust me my job is probably the worst on here(most disgusting) but it pays the bills for the time being. If its a bad job it gives you more motivation to find another better job. You have to start somewhere.

cheers, Crowie

Mate if you need a job go for it ,if its any sort of tyre shop there should not be that much gut busting.

As when i started every think was manual labor ,that was gut busting.(rag tyre that has been on concrete truck for 5 years )

It should be less gut busting than diesel mechanic as evan said because every think is big heavy,and covered in black sh#t.

The only differance is that the mechanic will make more money in the long run.

rob diesel mechanic ,tyre fitter,wreaking yard goon,now truckie best job of all :dance:

dam I'm old :lolcry:

i lost my f@$king shit at my boss. I'm not a f@$king truck mechanic so why am i doing this shit? I'm lucky to be alive!

Moral of the story? If you don't know WTF you're doing, say something. You may feel like a dill & your boss might get cranky but it better than being seriously injured or dead. Less paperwork too :P

I'm pretty friendly with the bloke that works at the tyre shop i go to. been there 5 or 6 years, was excited when he got a pay rise to 700 a week :blinks:

so yeah, if you just wanna work, do it, but theres labour hire companies you can go with for much better money than trainee wages, and you don't end up qualified in a shit paying industry

Mate, a pay rise to $700 a week would be awesome! I'm a 2nd year apprentice & even as a mature-age I'm getting just over half that a week.

Hope the job-interview went well at any rate! If the job looks like it could lead somewhere, go hard! If it looks like you'll be stuck doing the same $h1t over & over & over & over again (& if this matters to you), I'd recommend something different.

Edited by carbonboy