Tyre Fitter Traineeship

Mason.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason,

it is very hard to get a job, although it is something to tie you over and keep you going,

does not hurt to give it a try, even if you don't want to do it in the end, just keep looking mate,

but in Redcliffe, there is a huge car scene and culture, people talk and you learn alot in that regard, so i believe it is a good base for networking,

and like most things mate, we all gotta start somewhere, but i need some tyres soon also, powerskids are killing me, haha so ill visit you

good luck

yeah a job is better than no job if u have a job its just that sleightst bit easyer to get a new one i went to 13 different places before i was taken on as an apprentice :happy: but its wurth it in the end before all this i was doing concreting and scaff

that shit is gut busting 12 hour days with no brake :bash:

when i first started fitting tyres i was on about 300 a week. not the best pay, but it payed the bills at the time. tyre fitting is a much of a muchness really. slogging your ass of fitting truck and tractor tyres for 300 a week isnt worth it. if its just car and small truck by all means go for it. also, maybe ask the employer if he is willing to take you on full time not as an apprentice, the pay is abit better. depending if you want a little piece of paper at the end of it to say that you can fit a tyre, i didnt see the point. also evan G, the one you were talking about in the first page that nearly took your head off, was a spyder rim, and yes it would have done serious damage if one of those metal claws flew out and hit you. i have been a fitter for over 4 years now, and i have seen some wild shit over my time. i also noticed someone mentioned tyre fitting being repetative? and he is pretty much right, you will end up doing jobs without even realising it. i don't know if anyone knows of the superior tyres shop that used to be in clontarf? i worked there for a while, saw a few rollas come through there. kinda wish i was back up there amongst it all. anyway this post is getting abit long now..

There's Plenty of traineeships in Telecommunications.

With NBN its only going to get bigger

Cheers

Andy

I was a mechanic for 5 years, it was shit work, shit pay, and a shit job.

Just started another apprenticeship in telecommunications, and as a 1st year, I was on more money than a fully qualified mechanic, along with easy work in air conditioning, RDO's, and I never have to deal with whinging customers ever again.

well i went to the interview, then took a walk around the work shop.

the bloke doing the trye fitting was about 7ft tall andd ripped haha looked at me a just laughed.

told the manager it really wasnt going to be for me apoligised for wasting his time and left.

my brothers a painting apperentice and its fairly easy going i might apply for that

edit: thanks for all the encouragment guys :blush: means alot

Edited by Mason.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys just to let you know how the job search went.

I'm starting a Roof Plumbing apprentiship this friday, so installing down pipes gutters and shettings on house and commercial buildings roofs. Actually pretty keen for this, 3 year apprenticeship should be hard work but worth it by the pay once i finish.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm affraid of heights to 'All trades queensland' :|

Edited by Mason.