The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Members dont see this ad

haha. Well its not toyota.

I'ts a 1986 Holden drover, which is a badge engineered SJ50? Suzuki sierra.

It was my grandpas (hes just been told hes not able to drive anymore :( ), he bought it new in 1986, its done 127,000kms, never been offroad,always lived in the garage and not a spot of rust.

metalic grey colour.

They were just going to get rid of it, but i can't let that happen to such a good car, and i think it will be nice to get it back into good condition and get some use out of it. Grandpa will like that.

It needs a fair amount of maintenance work done to it (new rubber kit for doors, new oils everywhere, brakes i suspect will need an overhaul, there is an epic oil leak from somewhere, front diff seals are had it, timing belt/water pump). few hundred bucks and a few days work will get it going.

Plan is to get it back onto the road with some better tyres and maybe a snorkel thingo, and take it camping/4wd'ing. A fraser island weeks holiday is in its initial planning stages...

Good to hear that our troops are coming back home from Afghanistan and East Timor. Doesn't matter if you or I think they should have or shouldn't have, our troops did what their employer asked them to do and some went above and beyond the call of duty.

Our returning troops should be treated as heroes due to everything they left behind for the call to help another country.

Please don't let this turn into another Vietnam for our troops....

• Upvote 1

Good to hear that our troops are coming back home from Afghanistan and East Timor. Doesn't matter if you or I think they should have or shouldn't have, our troops did what their employer asked them to do and some went above and beyond the call of duty.

Our returning troops should be treated as heroes due to everything they left behind for the call to help another country.

Well said!! 👍

Agree to a point. However personally I don't think we have completed the mission yet. (Afghanistan that is, overdue for Timor due to just being an aerolift capability for them using our money instead of theirs)

Edited by Tume

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you guys are talking about our troops coming back, my uncle just got posted to Afghanistan about 5 weeks ago, will be there until mid next year.

Engineers/Logistics ?

Hopefully he doesn't get to see much action during his deployment.

On another page - the neighbours across the road, wife just before she went out asked the hubby to clean to floors cause they had some friends coming over sometime today. Yep, so he did.... with the his petrol powered garden blower.....