Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fuel Economy, Or Lack There Of....

Featured Replies

Have seen this on other forums, and have notice a couple of times fuel ecomony has popped up just curious,

 

Try and keep it Corolla based if we can, don't mind the odd car here and there

 

All sorts of applications, cruisers, dailys, track warriors, rally, khana, drag cars even

 

Ill start, mine with the daily driven mildy SR20 on board, est 8.7L/100km

 

Its great, even with a few squirts, I guess not lugging around as much weight is a plus

  • Replies 47
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mixture of 2 previous Corollas and 2 current, All regularly serviced, stock standard and driven normally.

 

Ae82 1.6 5 speed average 7.5-10L/100km. (350,000+kms)

Ae71 1.6 3 speed auto 10L, after manual conversion and carby tune 7.5.-9.0L/100km.(201,000)

 

Ke70 1.3 4 speed manual, 6.9L/100km or 8.0L/100km around town. (135,700)

Ae94 1.6 efi 5 speed manual. 6.8L/100km open road or 7.1/100km city driving/fwy driving with a/c.(239,900)

My old 4k with very low k's did 10.2L/100km...with a 32/36 weber... Didn't think much of it but these other 4k figures are a lot lower....

 

And i'm currently working on some figures for the new 4ac. I'll put them up after

My T18 1.8L std with 130xxxkms used 6L/100 no matter what kind of driving conditions, after exhaust and 38/38 Weber went up to about 7-8/100kms and about 9 - max 10L per 100 flogging it up mt glorious... at the speed limit of course.

My Ke25 has a 2t with 3t internals so 1.8L with twin 40mm webbers gets about 12-13L/100km. It's rather thirsty now that I think about it.....

I've had my 5k with 10.2:1 comp, small cam, extractors and twin 1.5" su's got between 7-8L/100km.

With the blower etc on was more like 15-16L/100km.lol

Was worse than my old AU falcon 5ltr!!!

 

Stu.

With my 3K-H running on straight LPG, I'm using about 10L/100km - which is really cheap @ 67 ish cents per litre.

 

Engine mods: Impco CA125 modded to an early mechanical secondary K carby throttle plate, ceramic coated inlet manifold, big port head, standard 3K motor (assuming to be 9:1cr), currently 1-1/4" press bent extractors, 2 inch press bent exhaust 1 hot dog resonator & 1 muffler.

 

Tuning: slighty rich all through the rev range as tuning LPG properly is a hard bastard, also running approximately 22 degrees BTDC, no vacuum advance and total mech advance of 37 degrees. ITS NOT PINGING YET!!

 

Driveline: KE55 5 speed, & 4.3 Borg Warner diff.

  • Author

I've had my 5k with 10.2:1 comp, small cam, extractors and twin 1.5" su's got between 7-8L/100km.

With the blower etc on was more like 15-16L/100km.lol

Was worse than my old AU falcon 5ltr!!!

 

Stu.

 

Dang thats about as much as my EVO 8,

 

But I'm sure she got up and boogies

Dang thats about as much as my EVO 8,

 

But I'm sure she got up and boogies

 

Was better when I thrashed it.lol. I didnt spend much time getting the part throttle setup right. The new turbo setup with full sequential efi will be a whole heap better on fuel.

With 102rwkw in the lightweight beast was enough to worry mildly modded wrexy's and early e36 m3's.

  • Author

Was better when I thrashed it.lol. I didnt spend much time getting the part throttle setup right. The new turbo setup with full sequential efi will be a whole heap better on fuel.

With 102rwkw in the lightweight beast was enough to worry mildly modded wrexy's and early e36 m3's.

 

Power to Weight is a great bit of kit,

 

That is all *waves Jedi sign

Power to Weight is a great bit of kit,

 

That is all *waves Jedi sign

 

Yep you can't beat the feather weight KE-1X. I'll see how the new 5kte setup goes fuel wise, but seeing as I'm going full sequential efi not fuel only with locked dizzy should be alot better.

 

On topic my 2.5ltr turbo diesel Mazda BT50 gets mid 7's/100km on a 30+ degree day with the aircon flat out!! Got 10lt/100km with the aircon on and datto on the back.

 

Stu.

my high compression, 3KB carbed 5K in a KE35 would average 30mpg (yes I talk real figures :P ) guess around 10L/100km for you uneducated folk, on the highway. Would see a quarter of a tank go really quick if I got excited........

 

Was too scared to check the consumption of my old club car. Cam, carbs and lotsa revs didnt give good economy. Think over a quarter of a tank in a days comp. Sounds ok until you realise that that would be around 8km... :o

 

Off topic. My old HZ ute, 6cyl auto, used more fuel than my old mans HZ sedan, 4.2l V8 manual, on a trip to Bathurst, and the sedan was towing a camper........... :blinks:

I've got a late ke55 with a stock standard 4k 1300cc/4 speed manual and I've done 500klm so far and still on the same tank. :dance:

Edited by ke20rolla

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.