Fuel Economy, Or Lack There Of....

BUZ440

my high compression, 3KB carbed 5K in a KE35 would average 30mpg (yes I talk real figures :P ) guess around 10L/100km for you uneducated folk, on the highway. Would see a quarter of a tank go really quick if I got excited........

Was too scared to check the consumption of my old club car. Cam, carbs and lotsa revs didnt give good economy. Think over a quarter of a tank in a days comp. Sounds ok until you realise that that would be around 8km... :o

Off topic. My old HZ ute, 6cyl auto, used more fuel than my old mans HZ sedan, 4.2l V8 manual, on a trip to Bathurst, and the sedan was towing a camper........... :blinks:

My WB tonner 6cyl used to get around 20L/100km driving to and from work. M22 4spd and 3.36:1 10 bolt.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My WB tonner 6cyl used to get around 20L/100km driving to and from work. M22 4spd and 3.36:1 10 bolt.

Used to take at least a tank and a half to get to work and back each week. The round trip was around 120km per day, so it would drain the tank in 300km or so, so very similar to yours.

I've got a late ke55 with a stock standard 4k 1300cc/4 speed manual and I've done 500klm so far and still on the same tank. :dance:

Wow thats awesome, id be dancing too

I reckon i could come close to that if i did not have to warm it up or down, and keep off boost, hmmm

Thats good with the 2AC, is that manual or auto? if that was manual I would imagine it would be even better with a 5 speed.

Just did a trip to Adelaide & back from Melbourne in the mighty 2AC with a 4 speed manual.

:D

I should add it's in an AE80, a 5 speed goes in tomorrow! :dance:

Edited by carbonboy

KE25 with a 1360cc 3K and twin 40 Webers: 8km per litre transport, 3.5km per litre in a rally stage.

TE37 replica with 1600 2TG and twin Webers: Similar, although maybe down to 3 km per litre in stage.

WRX: about 1.5km to litre in stage. :D

Just finished the fuel economy test for the 4ac + 5 speed i put in the ke70.

- It did 7.8l/100km city/highway driving, only mods is emissions/vacuum lines removed. And it isn't exactly driven lightly.

I'm happy with that, gone from a 1.3 to a 1.6 sohc and the litres per 100km has gone down by 2.4 :)

• 3 weeks later...

My 73 ke26, fully standard 3k 4spd with unleaded and lead replacement did 272 MILES on a tank, which is 30 litres? Keeping in mind I like to actually keep up with traffic, and I think I like to listen to my 3k a bit too much if you know what I mean :)

Edit: Just worked that out to be about 7L/100kms :laff:

On Christmas day, drove from Kingston to Mobray then Grindlewald (about 15ks past Launceston) On less than a quarter of a tank, going 80-90 by myself :happy: came back the next day with two passengers and used about a third of a tank.

Edited by Nostalgia

My bigport 4AGE KE70 on 98 is about 400km to a tank.

My tired 4k was better.

But I have every warning light on my diagnostic check flashing.

Plus I drive it pretty hard.

haha get those things fixed!

cruising in my old 4age ke70 on the hightway, i could get down to 7L/100km.

Edited by ke70dave

stock standard 4k ke70, did 555km's to full 40L tank and literally ran it dry. luckily made it up the last hill before the servo.. this included a couple hours of cultivating a particular vacant space of land in an industrial area, some offroading, towing an eb falcon for a few blocks and few other shinanigans