Are You A New Vic Member?

kangaroosa

Ha HA I personally would ask "thenobbler" about that one, he runs a b/port 16v/20v Hybrid its about 11ish:1 comp and rumor has it that it used to run std 91ron unleaded.

Haha, yes, its true, it runs on 91 no problems! I never used to run the std engine on anything but 91! I was a pov 1st year apprentice! Never had a problem.

Infact, I had the car on the dyno with 91 in the tank and the timing set to 12 deg, so aprox 20 once the ecu does its stuff... no detonation and no problems... made 70.5kw atw. Mind you, i bumped up the timing and I'm running 98 now... goes really hard!

Anyway, I don't think you would have any probs on 91 in a stocker, but as webers said, maybe go something better in the warmer months.

Also, check the drive in night thread to see if you can make it, let us know if you can.

Jarrad.

Members dont see this ad

*puts hand up* New member :P

Recently, myself and 3 mates bought a 1983 KE70 with the marvellous(ly average) 4K-C motor in quite good condition. Well, mechanically the car is actually quite good. There's bodywork that needs to be fixed up, but some bog and the tin of matched paint that the guy gave to us with the car should help solve that pretty quick.

Plans are for a 4A-GE conversion, though when we'll actually be able to get our hands on it is another question. Of of the guys was going to upgrade his RX7 to a 13BT, and suggested putting the current 13b in the corolla. It'd be awesome, but lots of work, considering this is the first time any of us have done an engine transplant. 4A-GE means we need AE71/86 engine/gearbox crossmembers, but hopefully that won't be too much of an issue. Gearbox will probably just be a T50 as long as we can find one, otherwise it'll be the K50, sedately driven until we find a T50.

If anyone knows a good place to find either a 4A-GE in decent cond or a T50.. I'd appreciate any help at all! Now registered on KE70.com, twincam.org, Toymods, AE82 Owners Club and here for the majority of my research and searching for parts.

I currently drive a 1995 K11 Nissan Micra, but I really can't wait to put something a little more powerful into this little RWD car :dance:

---dens

In anticipation of new members from Victoria joining, I have set up this topic for all of us to introduce ourselves and show our cars. So feel free to leave a message.

My names Chris just joined the Rolla Club, looks awesome. I have always been into rollas & just got hooked up with the net. I have a 74 KE30 2 door Carolla painted (Munaro) flame orange. Series 2 VP V6 motor with T5, STA Blower, FMIC, 71mm throttle body, Wolf 3d V4 computer, 630cc injectors, Bosch 044 pump, Hilux diff 4.3 welded with hydralic handbrake, and more shit...

With the number plate NOJAP4.

And I'm looking for another 2 door preferably orange.. If anyone can help me out. Cheers

Plans are for a 4A-GE conversion, though when we'll actually be able to get our hands on it is another question. Of of the guys was going to upgrade his RX7 to a 13BT, and suggested putting the current 13b in the corolla. It'd be awesome, but lots of work, considering this is the first time any of us have done an engine transplant.

---dens

I've got dibs on the 13B if you don't want it. :P Welcome to the club. Sounds like you have done some research already. Have a search through the forum and i'm sure you will find all the answers to any questions you may still have.

My names Chris just joined the Rolla Club, looks awesome. I have always been into rollas & just got hooked up with the net. I have a 74 KE30 2 door Carolla painted (Munaro) flame orange. Series 2 VP V6 motor with T5, STA Blower, FMIC, 71mm throttle body, Wolf 3d V4 computer, 630cc injectors, Bosch 044 pump, Hilux diff 4.3 welded with hydralic handbrake, and more shit...

With the number plate NOJAP4.

And I'm looking for another 2 door preferably orange.. If anyone can help me out. Cheers

Awesome work and welcome. I bought a K50 from a bloke in Ringwood who had a v6 in his Corolla. However it was a 4 door KE30 or 55. He had only driven it a few times and it scared the crap out of him. Sounds like a fun toy though!

P.S. 2 door KE30's are the best :P

Welcome to both deNs and NOJAP4, plenty of people will be interested in both of the toys you have there... Nice work on the '30 too... would be one wild ride!

Keep an eye on the VIC/Melb section for updates on upcoming events etc... hope to see you both at one soon!

Greeting to all the crew at rolla club.

I'm a new member or a newbie as my profile tells me. lol You site looks very good and seems to be a great source of information and know how for all thinks corolla.

My ride is a 1992 sx seca white 4age small port. its reasonibly stock compared to alot of others out there. Its got a full exhaust and an electric sunroof. and some rims on it. I look forward to getting to know you all in the future.

keep rollaing! David Butt :D

hey hey, welcome to the club butty...

I wouldnt complain with an sx... the smallports go pretty well I think, so your off to a sweet start!

Glad you like the site, theres plent of good info to be found on here and if you can't find it ask away... but use the search button first! haha

Hope to see you at an event sometime soon!

Jarrad

Hi guys

My name Is Julian

As you can tell I registered a very long time ago but forgot that this site existed until recently

I'm on a couple of the other Toyota/ae86 related forums

Got a ae86 sprinter , have had it for the last 3 years, been pretty stock, at the moment I'm fixing the suspension, doing front coilover conversion with better brakes. got some simmons dished wheels etc, I'm up in the northern suburbs so its not to hard to spot me out arnt to many sprinters around this side of town.

Cyas

Julz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm Andy.... I'm from East Malvern and i Drive a 1989 Corolla SX Hatch in WHITE.

I've just finished having it touched up, new paint on bonnet, front and rear bars, and a quarterpanel replaced. Also the suspension has just been finished. New Superpro urethane bushes (with the tricky castor) KYB gas and Kings Lows all round. I had a noisy exhaust on , but i have since removed it for the comfort factor. i have a plenty nice sound system and future interior mods include seats wheel, shift knob, short shift lever, and some new vinyl in places, hope you like it....

12042007365.jpg

P1230014.jpg

P1230006.jpg