My Ke36 Panelvans Addiction With Boost

sleepercorty

Members dont see this ad

Cool project, that auto and converter are going to suck some power, I had a trimatic, but never fitted it for that reason,

have to be pretty rough to break a K 4-5speed, i never broke one in 10 yrs , only diffs

why aren't you turboing the 5K?, much stronger pistons and spool a turbo a fair bit quicker!

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

I also think that the auto was the best idea as the standard manuals arnt going to be reliable enough with boost to use as a work car, as this car is purely a delivery vehicle for my car parts business. i also think it will help the diff survive longer than a manual so saves me having to upgrade that. The only thing I'm worried about is how well it will run with the camshaft as it really is massive but i think i can live with that for the sound :). also the auto only cost me $1000 for full rebuild, extra clutches, manual valve body and convertor i have the contacts, would normally be a $2000 gearbox

heres a couple of more pictures.

I'm also chasing a ke55 auto speedo cable if anyone has something?

IMG_2160_zps12e0f7db.jpg

IMG_2162_zps9bb12c1c.jpg

• 3 months later...

For trivia's sake - and assuming your vehicle's paint code is AZ - the colour of your yellow wagon is actually called "Buff".

I have a KE55 collection of two - a silver XX coupe (when I get it towed down from T'bar) and a buff KE55 sedan. I didn't like buff at first but it's growing on me!

Really like the idea of a hi-stall 4k