January 10, 201412 yr Author comment_675200 Fibreglass bonnet going together. Alloy captivated nuts glassed in and inner and outer skins glued together. Steel bonnet weight 13kgs Glass bonnet 6kgs. Report
January 10, 201412 yr comment_675208 Nice weight drop, in the photo it looks like it come up good, is it that good in person? Any ripples, I'm thinking about a glass bonnet on mine but I want it flat like a steel one Report
January 11, 201412 yr Author comment_675248 Its not bad at first glance although at eye level you can see its fibreglass. To keep it light its just one sheet of glass and gel coat thick. Its stiffness comes from laminating the two halfs together. You can get a steel like finish, but it would take 3 or more layers which would bring it up to steel weight or maybe more and it still might flex in the sun. Not much point. Report
January 11, 201412 yr comment_675256 Nice can i have a bonnet please Craig haha . Excellent work as always. Can you please colour code pegs in some sort of order its the fag sway thing you no. bah!! rob Report
January 13, 201412 yr Author comment_675346 Thanks Rob. Ill try to arrange the pegs to send some kind of message only a few can read when I do the boot. LOL. My wife does'nt understand why the pegs wont work anymore. Started preping a door. Report
January 13, 201412 yr Author comment_675347 Thanks Rob. Ill try to arrange the pegs to send some kind of message only a few can read when I do the boot. LOL. My wife does'nt understand why the pegs wont work anymore. Started preping a door. Report
January 13, 201412 yr comment_675373 I thought the pegs were going to be instead of bonnet clips!!!! You know to save 0.00001 grams. LOL. You know I'm a big fan of your work mate but I agree with the other Rob. It was a poor effort not color coding the pegs!!!! Report
January 14, 201412 yr Author comment_675495 Cheers Rob, Ill do better next time. Left door primed and painted. Report
January 15, 201412 yr comment_675531 I want to see more PEGs. :lmao: I've found some of those cable tie bases we talked about, so when you drop off my OBD2 unit grab some. Edited January 15, 201412 yr by TRD ke70 Report
January 15, 201412 yr Author comment_675568 Thanks Chris. Crank should be ready to pick up sometime next week. Ill let you know when Iam going to Brisbane. Looks like the Celica is sold. John had a great time talking Toyota stuff with you. Lightened some door hinges. No PEGS were used in this process. Report
January 16, 201412 yr comment_675652 Lightened some door hinges. LoL, the lengths drivers go to for weight saving! We took an Abra file to the Datsun hinges, a hacksaw blade that cuts in any direction. We left an outline of the hinge and the boltholes! I've seen drivers cut the spanners in the toolkit shorter to save weight. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now