Justin's Ke70

Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad
Got to look at them out in the light today a bit closer with Teddy and I can see quite a big exhaust leak. Going to take it back next week to get them to machine the intake manifold down a bit so it seals down properly..

I put my DHLA 40's on today too. I noticed the same thing with the different thicknesses between the extractors and intake manifold. I just used some washers as packers for a temporary fix until I can get the manifold machined too. Then there was the fact that the manifold had to be cut and and shaped to allow it clear the extractors mounting plate.

Did you notice how much clearance you have between the extractor pipes, and the accelerator pump rod and spring on the underside of the carbs. The rod on the carb closest to the firewall actually hits the pipes at half throttle, not allowing me to get full throttle. I will have to assess it tomorrow when its light.

But bloody hell they sound fantastic!!

I have some 43mm ram tubes and 100mm socks here that i was hoping to squeeze in........its not looking very likely at the moment. I may have to chase down some filters like yours.

Took my KE70 on the AE86 Driving Club cruise on the weekend. The exhaust leak got worse, Now it sounds like a tractor. Taking it back tomorrow to get them to fix it. They either have to make the mounts on the extractors thicker or machine down the intake manifold. Also on the way back home from the cruise I had a bolt that holds the caliper backing in decide to leave home. Was making a very bad metal on metal sound and I pulled off the other side of the gateway. With Teddy and Xany to the rescue we managed to get it out to get me home. Pulled both rotors off this morning and loctited all the bolts on the caliper mounts and calipers.

Sv101075.jpg

Sv101182.jpg

Sv101184.jpg

Sv101185.jpg

Sv101180.jpg

They either have to make the mounts on the extractors thicker or machine down the intake manifold.

I talked to my Head Reco bloke this afternoon, and its a common practice for them to machine down the intake manifold. I'll be having mine done next week.

Edited by kangaroosa