Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Justin's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

They got the right air filters in for me at last, Got home this afternoon and put them straight on. Also changed the plugs as per the advice of the guy at Recarb. Well it is a lot better on take-off now and smoother to drive. We'll see how I go from here :y:

  • Replies 260
  • Views 248.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Because of the uprite engine mounts it means the standard radiator hoses are no longer going to work. Ended up buying 3 x 90 degree alloy bends and a length of silicone hose.   Top one just needed t

  • Thanks heaps for the info, I'll look into Sheldon's kits and have a chat to the guy who'll be re-tuning for me. Cheers

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Been a while scince I last updated this. Gets hard to find time between work and looking after my daughter. Got the shape back in to the rear window opening now and started filling the dents

Posted Images

WOW they sound awesome!!!

Houston, we have induction noise.

 

Tell me when you've ever heard EFI sound better. :)

 

Sounds great, but I'm sure a set of quad throttles would sound just as good. Bit pointless on a K-series though I suppose.

  • Author

Got to look at them out in the light today a bit closer with Teddy and I can see quite a big exhaust leak. Going to take it back next week to get them to machine the intake manifold down a bit so it seals down properly..

Sv100779.jpg

Sv100786.jpg

Sv100798.jpg

Sv100803.jpg

Got to look at them out in the light today a bit closer with Teddy and I can see quite a big exhaust leak. Going to take it back next week to get them to machine the intake manifold down a bit so it seals down properly..

 

I put my DHLA 40's on today too. I noticed the same thing with the different thicknesses between the extractors and intake manifold. I just used some washers as packers for a temporary fix until I can get the manifold machined too. Then there was the fact that the manifold had to be cut and and shaped to allow it clear the extractors mounting plate.

 

Did you notice how much clearance you have between the extractor pipes, and the accelerator pump rod and spring on the underside of the carbs. The rod on the carb closest to the firewall actually hits the pipes at half throttle, not allowing me to get full throttle. I will have to assess it tomorrow when its light.

 

But bloody hell they sound fantastic!!

 

I have some 43mm ram tubes and 100mm socks here that i was hoping to squeeze in........its not looking very likely at the moment. I may have to chase down some filters like yours.

  • Author

After I get the intake manifold machined properly, I'll get a better in car video. The one I took was when it was cold in the morning and I was babying it..

  • Author

Took my KE70 on the AE86 Driving Club cruise on the weekend. The exhaust leak got worse, Now it sounds like a tractor. Taking it back tomorrow to get them to fix it. They either have to make the mounts on the extractors thicker or machine down the intake manifold. Also on the way back home from the cruise I had a bolt that holds the caliper backing in decide to leave home. Was making a very bad metal on metal sound and I pulled off the other side of the gateway. With Teddy and Xany to the rescue we managed to get it out to get me home. Pulled both rotors off this morning and loctited all the bolts on the caliper mounts and calipers.

Sv101075.jpg

Sv101182.jpg

Sv101184.jpg

Sv101185.jpg

Sv101180.jpg

They either have to make the mounts on the extractors thicker or machine down the intake manifold.

 

I talked to my Head Reco bloke this afternoon, and its a common practice for them to machine down the intake manifold. I'll be having mine done next week.

Edited by kangaroosa

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.