Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redwarf Rebuild V4.0

Featured Replies

  • Replies 60
  • Views 55.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmmm, very nice.

 

I was struck by a TE27 I have seen recently, by just how crowded the engine bay is. Everything just fits. A 4AGE in an AE86 sort of spoils you for room. Plus lugging 2TG's around recently certainly illustrated how heavy they are compared to a 4AGE.

 

That was one of the things that encouraged me to source a genuine crossmember, so there will not be any issues with clearance.

 

It has been many years since I drove unboosted cars, and for no good reason sort of got it into my head boosted is better, but you're right of course.

 

Thanks for the offer of a loan of the template, shall let you know eventually.

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick question,

What master are you using,

What brakes?

And where did you gey the pedal box and

cross member from.

Looking at going down the same road.

Any info/tips would be great.

 

Cheers Ian.

Edited by Ical

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Update.

 

The brake master cylinder has been giving me grief.

 

I had RWD 323 master in there that looked the goods until I realized it had two front brake ports, with one exitting vertically downwards, right where the intake for throat 4 on the Weber goes. Which was a real pisser, as I'd already pretty much made the new brake lines to suit. Meteor master, which fits normal 20's, is no good as I have moved the master from its original position, outboard towards the strut tower. Meteor MC's port to the right. ie: directly into the strut tower. Scrub that one, too.

 

Of to Kelly's I went, and procured a GD Gallant 13/16 jobbie. The GD master has a banjo fitting with a double outlet for the front brakes. The guys at BHSS sorted me with a single outlet. Good to go. Piccies below, it's a snug fit, but I have good clearances for everything. :P

 

post-33-1235214189_thumb.jpg

 

post-33-1235214198_thumb.jpg

 

post-33-1235214208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redwarf

  • Author
Hi,

Just a quick question,

What master are you using,

What brakes?

And where did you gey the pedal box and

cross member from.

Looking at going down the same road.

Any info/tips would be great.

 

Cheers Ian.

 

I know it's a bit late, but here goes.

 

Gd Gallant master cylinder.

ATM KE55 front, TA22 rear. This will be changing as I value my life.

Pedal box and x-member came form Japan via Import Monster, when the $AU was good and the yen was crap. Now the other way around.

Tips? Take up fishing. :P

Are you thinking of running a (remote) booster at all for the front brakes?

 

there's already a valiant master cylinder, so why not a CH valiant or similiar VH44 remote booster? :P

 

-dave

Race cars don't require brake boosters & you get a better feel for the brakes when you have to do all the work.

  • Author
Are you thinking of running a (remote) booster at all for the front brakes?

 

there's already a valiant master cylinder, so why not a CH valiant or similiar VH44 remote booster? :P

 

-dave

 

 

Trev's kind of got it. Also given the fact that I've run this thing for years without one, I kind of like the feel without it. 13/16 is going to take a bit of effort though.

 

I do know a guy who had a VH44 connected to his hydraulic handbrake. Tell me that wasn't a giggle. :P

I fitted a 2tg in my ke20 dude.

fitted snug.:P:)

I fitted a 2tg in my ke20 dude.

fitted snug.:P:)

 

 

yeah i saw it looked good :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.