Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh's Ke70

Featured Replies

Went to upload some random "new bits" photos into my project thread just to realise I didn't actually have one!

 

So here it goes.

 

Before: Stock KE70 SE, clean as hell.

 

post-453-1149000405.jpg

 

Few months ago...

 

Copied and pasted from the KE70 & AE71 members thread.

 

Car: 1983 KE70 SE

 

Motor & Driveline: Standard 4K-C with a 2" exhaust and K40 box.

 

Suspension & Brakes: Pedders springs, front strut brace (currently off) , bendix metal king pads... apart from that, stock.

 

Wheels & Tyres: 15x7 Superlites with Potenza GIII rubber.

 

Interior: SW20 MR2 seats, Speco 2.5inch tacho, el'cheapo Autotechnica sports wheel.

 

Body: Cheap old school looking mirrors from Supercheap.

 

Other: Random stickers, bit of sound stuff, H4 headlights, also got some driving lights to go on.

 

post-54-1128559895.jpg

 

Now

 

Not much has been "completed" on it since, but heres a few things that have happened... gone over 100,000km on the clock, a few dents in the panels thanks to carparks and a blown headgasket.

 

Back running again I'm about to stick a Weber on and hopefully slide in a nice lumpy cam. Still hunting for a K50 box to make the highway trips more pleasant and easier on fuel.

 

I'm currently building up a custom airfilter assembly for the Weber.

 

 

post-453-1148998958_thumb.jpg

Recent photo of it.. needs lowering.

 

post-453-1148999026_thumb.jpg

Photo of the Weber and the manifold that was done by my old man, using a 3K inlet manifold I had sitting around he modified it so the Weber would bolt on. Still got a few things to do with it though.

 

post-453-1148999420_thumb.jpg

Random engine bay shot.

 

post-453-1148999276_thumb.jpg

The night before I was to put the head back on the car after getting new gaskets, etc. My Dad decided to give the rocker cover a new clean look, giving it a rush job in shadow chrome, I reckon it looks great. :P

 

post-453-1148999611_thumb.jpg

Picture of the template I made up tonight to help make the airfilter assembly.

 

Thats it for now

Edited by Josho

  • Replies 98
  • Views 100.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the difference between the SE and the DX??

Looking real good. Like the rockercover.

Mann the night shot is super...

Edited by doktor

Nice car man, those wheels look trick ay. Max respect for the ke70.

DX i think is the two-door version. It was never sold in Australia. Oi dude chuck your centre caps on the wheels. :P It looks much better. But yeah nice ride :S

Looking good

very very nice

 

what type of webber is that?? an how much do they sell for second hand??

thanks

 

chris

very very nice

 

what type of webber is that?? an how much do they sell for second hand??

thanks

 

chris

 

that car is very neat and the paint looks in overrated condition

the carby is a 32/36 weber down draught which u can get from ford 2l pinto motors or they go for around $80 on ebay plus an adaptor plate to suit a 4k.

 

cheers james

  • Author

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

 

Yeah, what James said is right, except I nabbed mine off a Fiat.

 

I've got a small blow in my extractors gasket now. It makes a bloody awful noise.. *pit pit pit pit pit pit* Sounds like an old VW beetle. :monkey: But seeing as I'm pulling off the old carb and inlet, I'll be able to replace it at the same time.

  • Author

Weber is on!

 

The old man and I finished bolting it up just before I got to work tonight, had to change the choke cable as it was too small and modify the bracket for the throttle cable but its all together!

 

The Weber itself is in good condition and works great!

 

I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow when its daylight.

  • Author

post-453-1150608505_thumb.jpg

 

 

rofflewoffle TuRD :)

post-453-1150608620_thumb.jpg

Edited by Josho

Very clean KE70 Josho, much respect!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.