Redwarf

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Brockie.

I've met and raced along side Peter at Targa Tasmania this year, and while I wasn't left with the best impression of him as a racer, I would have to take my hat off to him for all he has done for motorsport in Australia, and his endless dedication and commitment to his fans. As someone mentioned earlier, he would without fail be prepared to stand for hours between stages to sign autographs and take photos with his fans, this is not something you see often from other competitors.

It's indeed a sad day for Australia, but at least he was doing what he loved best. This is going to be a bit of a blemish for Australian Tarmac Rallying (which has seen more than it's fair share of accidents, injuries and casualties in the past few years), and for Targa West which was raved on a lot from competitors last year, as one of the best Tarmac Rallies in Australia. A real shame :P

*sigh*

RIP Brockie, rest assured you will not be forgotten...

Edited by demuire

They always come in 3's.

So there is one left.

RIP Brockie

this is the 3rd death. colin theile(author of storm boy and bluefin) , steve irwin and now peter brock.

R.I.P Peter "Perfect" Brock, May You Race In Heaven Against The Legends That Have Passed Before You

Edited by MYSTIK

I must say, six hours on and I'm still gutted.

I came across him a few times over the years, but the thing that really stuck in my mind was the 95 Round Australia. We set up the Wedderburn stage, and the ten-ish year old son of the landholder stood waiting from the moment we satrted set-up with his pen and notepad waiting for Brock.

Three hours later he came through. He'd had a bad day, was running down the field, dirty and grotty from working on the car at the side of the road, but took the time to walk over to the boy, talk to him and his Dad for a couple of minutes, sign his autograph, before having to go into another stage.

I hope that boy will always remember that, because I sure do.

I may not have been a raging Brock fan, but I will always respect him for the man he was and the ideals he had.

It's a round of the Queensland rally championship tomorrow, I'm running up the field, and it's really made me ponder my own being while getting everything ready.

A truly sad day.

Three hours later he came through. He'd had a bad day, was running down the field, dirty and grotty from working on the car at the side of the road, but took the time to walk over to the boy, talk to him and his Dad for a couple of minutes, sign his autograph, before having to go into another stage.

I hope that boy will always remember that, because I sure do.

my parents (and the orignal members of the whyalla dirt curcuit) will always remember the day Brocky took the time to come and test the dirt curcuit track in whyalla, it was just after they had finished building/converting it from a motorcross track. Because he even took time to say that it was a great little track and that they should be proud of what they built.

Edited by MYSTIK