Everything posted by Doogs
-
Mazda Rims With Same Offset As Ke20
Thanks redwarf, good to know. Anyone know about the offsets?
-
My Ke20 Restoration
Looks pretty good from those pics, a good starting point for your project. Nice to see another 20 being done :D
-
Stock Looking Mods
Aftermarket downdraft carb, with standard snorkel modified to fit over the top. Drill/cut holes in base of snorkel around carb throat for better airflow, and cover carb top with a slimmer filter.
-
Air Compressors
Lol, I think he drains the tank on the compressor as normal and lets the rest sit......
-
Mazda Rims With Same Offset As Ke20
Hey all, I am considering putting some bigger mazda rims on my KE20 (I understand that RX2/3/4/5 and 1300s have the same PCD) of about 13'' or 14'' and then run a tyre with a lower profile, so the total diameter is the same (or within 15mm) of standard diameter. I am considering doing this to improve handling and looks, whilst not putting the speedo out of whack or making the car illegal. So I need to find out which of these selection have the same offset (or close to) my KE20 offset. Thanks, Dougal
-
New Daily - Ke26 4 Door
Looking good sim :D
-
Good Tyre Joints ?
Cheers, didnt notice there were a few 12s :D Although, they are cross-plys arent they :lol:
-
Good Tyre Joints ?
Anyone used Eastland Tyre Centre? Supposedly they supply them.
-
Good Tyre Joints ?
Thanks, I saw sims joint and will keep it in mind. Unique tyres don't do 12s as far as I know. Found Continental :D Been talking to ke11restorer, he has These They sound like the ones, just will have to get walls afterwards.
-
Good Tyre Joints ?
Hey all, My grandpa has just found out i got my Ke20 and wants to help out with a few bits. He is gonna give me some money that will probably be towards good tyres and a retrim of my front seats. I have had a bit of a search around with not much success. I have sent a few enquirys out as well. Who knows of some good tyre places in melbourne and some good tyres that will fit my standard Ke20 rims ? (nice sticky ones) My current tyres read; 155/R/12 and i think that 155/60/12 would be about right. I am looking at either getting them whitewalled or buying tyres with walls already (as hard as they may be to find!) Also, My front seats are torn up on the base but not really on the backrests, how much do you think it would be to get them re-done ? I am guessing about $400. Cheers, Dougal
-
Air Compressors
One of my mates was having problems, (with an average compressor) so he hooked it up to an old gas bottle as an extra resivoir tank. It now keeps up much better. Maybe give this a go ?
-
Micks Ke30 Fj20 Turbo Sleeper.
Nice work, taken the best parts of each !
-
Astron/saturn Motor Into Ke20
Thanks for the tip philbey :dance: I have been thinking that i will be running the 3k till about november and then drop in a 4/5k. I only really mused with this idea because my mate has been twisting my arm about going nuts in the engine department for a while. (and he has said he can get me a saturn for dirt cheap) I think that a mild k will do my job fine for the moment, but still thought it would be interesting to look at a few ideas for the future. (this really is just a big brainstorming thread !) Cheers
-
Ke20 Project. 3k To 4age To 4agte
Have heard of those hair dryer things before, supposedly they will get it all "legal". (think you will still want a thick jumper in the cold though !) Good stuff on that power figure , have to get us some vids :dance:
-
Matt'S 7K Ke30
Great to hear you got your Ps, your one of the lucky one who get the old laws :lmao: Unfortunately my birthdays not till August so I have the new ones :dance: (Although most people don't want to cram into my 2 door anyway!) I will have to get out on a few cruises when I am all legal etc, and see this in person. I am starting to consider a 7k :hmm:
-
Classic Celica Cruise
I am sooooooooooo coming to the next one (once i get my Ps, and car on the road) So many nice celicas !
-
Another Vic Newbie
Welcome ! Still need to get out on a cruise or two myself......
-
Ke25 Kids...errr...ke25 Has Been Sold
Good to hear, awaiting thread.......
-
Ke25 Kids...errr...ke25 Has Been Sold
You got yourself another 25 raven ?
-
Astron/saturn Motor Into Ke20
Although I understand that; burnouts, powerslides etc are mostly due to driving style (and not engine choice) I think that having something of that size aint the best idea. (P plate driver + power on tap = :bash: problems) I want to have an engine size that is well matched to the car. eg. V8 rolla = nice power (drag and burnout weapon) but heaps of weight up front, so unless huge mods are made to the suspension understeer could be a problem. I am kinda thinking the same thing with an astron, power capabilities aint bad but maybe a little heavy for a bloke wanting to run near standard shocks (to start with). I think some of the best all round KE20s are the ones with an engine that produces a reasonable amount of power (not stupidly large) but is also either not to heavy or has suspension that can cope with it. I want this to be a fun streeter that heads to the odd hillclimb, not a huge powerhouse. I would like to have traction under normal driving conditions and the capability to lose it, rather than so much power I am spending the whole time trying to gain traction. So I think something that is below 2L has plenty of potential to suit my needs.
-
New Daily - Ke26 4 Door
Hey Sim, were you driving this beast down middleborough road in blackburn this arvo ? My mate was telling me about one he saw that matched your's description. I would imagine it would be just about the only one round these parts.
-
Astron/saturn Motor Into Ke20
Cheers, will see how I go. Still a little while off yet and also imagine a 2.6L astron would be a bit big for a KE20 streeter (unless i want to be sideways round every corner!) probably would have trouble getting it engineered and legal for me. (and the new laws) Thanks, after a bit of thought I think that 2L is probably the max I should go.
-
Des' Te72.
Quite tidy :bash: Good pickup.
-
Astron/saturn Motor Into Ke20
Still looking into a number of options. Originally I was going for a warm 5k but have had a mate suggest to go hotter. He thinks a 5k is a rip for $500. Though a hotter engine will take a bit of $ to get in. Dunno yet, I am still inclined to stick with a 5k to start with. Cam, portwork, extractors, carb.
-
Rallykatty's New Toy!
One question........ Why ?
