Everything posted by Doogs
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
I am starting to get together the bits I will need to do the bit of bodywork in the next few weeks, and so I need to know a bit about the paint. I will be getting the front left 1/4 sodablasted, whilst baremetalling other areas and then preping to be painted round in my mates shed. I am also looking to purchase a bootlid. From what I can see, the recent paint work has been done in a white fairly close to the original colour. The original stuff looks a little duller, but I assume this is just faded. Doug has already suggested it is "Peak White'' which I have found on the toyota colour charts to be a 1990 colour :) If this matches up ok, then I will use it, but because of reading the year 1990 off the chart it has put some doubt in my mind. (Although i figure there should not be many different shades of white anyway). So I decided that i might get a tester pot of Peak white and check it against what I have, and if it does not suit get a colour match done. Does anyone have any other ideas of what the colour might be? I had a look on the plates in the engine bay and searched through the original papers, without much success. According to the plate in the engine bay; Paint/Trim : H2 TG I could not see either of these codes on the colour charts, so that appears to be no help either. Anyone got an idea ? Thanks, Dougal
-
Diff Conversion Place ?
Yep thats the one, thanks. Someone else raised this a few weeks back in another thread, and the details were then suplied in that thread. Cheers, Dougal
-
Gathering/meet And Greet. Saturday 21st June
Unfortunately I will be working then. Hopefully will get to meet all you guys when the cars on the road soonish. When I do have the car all regd etc, I will be taking any oportunity to go for a spin ! :)
-
Si's 5kte Ke55
My mate has a sensor similar to that one on ebay and a data logger to suit. From what I have seen when he was tuning it was fairly user friendly and took a lot of the guesswork out of tuning. He thinks it has saved him heaps in dyno fees as well. Then again, I have heard of a place in Melbourne who will dyno tune for about $80. So I think the cost difference is not much in the end. (Although with your own sensor you can do multiple cars for cheap.) EDIT: He has a bung in the exhaust to put the sensor in when he is tuning.
-
Ke2x Members Page
Yep i was, nice job on getting one with such great original paint then :) Good to see a few pics of yours redwarf, will be keen to see the rest take shape.
-
Removing Rust
From the quotes i have heard panel beating in general is expensive. Do you have the time to do it yourself ? If its in the boot then it won't be that obvious if you don't do a perfect job either. Have a search around on the net about rust repairs. From my experience most body work is not incredibly challenging, it just takes time and a bit of practice.
-
Gavclassic Ke 17 Sl 7k 1800
Nice figure, and from a n/a k motor as well :)
-
Engine Swap Need Help/advise
Agreed, a torque wrench is one of the most useful tools you can have. :)
-
Ever Seen One Of These?
Nice, was thinking of getting an old 911 myself for a while (did not wanna save for so long though!) We will see, maybe i will be rich and famous one day........................lol
-
My Sr20 Ke70 Skid Rig
Cool as, love the quad lights and how it sits with those rims :lolcry:
-
Ever Seen One Of These?
Do you wanna show us some pics of the 911? Maybe a rides thread or something...... :lolcry:
-
Show Us Your Photography!
Nice pics guys, keep them coming. :y: Jip, its nice to know of another rolla loving maccas worker around. :lolcry:
-
Melbourne Cruise, 3rd Aug.
I am in Nunawading
-
Too Big ???
I am probably going with a downdraft carb so it can be hidden and keep the cops happy. Most aftermarket options I know of will require either an aftermarket manifold or an adaptor plate (homemade or purchased). In the end I would like to choose a carb that is well suited to the motor and is not a pig down low (although some of this will be down to tuning).
-
Slo-70y's Sr30 2 Door
Nice job. Gonna be a weapon.
-
My Daily....now For Sale
Not too bad, just a bit of surface rust to fix. Nothing structural ?
-
Mazda Rims With Same Offset As Ke20
Yeah, as far as I know that is right. (4x110 for KE2x, 4x114.33 KE3x)
-
Too Big ???
Felix, just out of interest, where did you find that info? Those rules of thumb etc appear to be quite useful. :lolcry:
-
Too Big ???
Thanks felix, I raised this because of some comments you made in other threads. A mate has been trying to convince me to get a carb with mech secondarys for a while, will see how I go though. I understand about jetting up or down winke, but if the carb is a totally inadequate size for the motor, you are better off using something better suited in the first place. Good to see a few opinions on the matter, I knew there would be some difference in opinion. :lolcry: Cheers,
-
Converting From Auto To Manual ? (legal Issues)
Cheers, turns out the car i ended up getting was converted to manual in sa. But is still regd as an auto, will sort that out when i rwc it.
-
My Daily....now For Sale
Nice, got anymore pics ?
-
Too Big ???
Thanks chris and liz, thats what I was afraid of. Will look out for something a little smaller like a 28/32 or the like. Cheers,
-
Too Big ???
I am looking at building a warm 4/5k with a cam, extractors and head work. A while back i was offered a 32/36 for free (offer is still on the table) but had noticed a few people in various threads suggesting a 32/36 would be to big. A few people thought they were overkill, so thought i would check when I saw this. Thanks,
-
Too Big ???
Hey all, Just interested in some opinions.................. CLICK Even with this jet setup, who beleives it is still to big for a 4/5k ? Cheers,
-
Ke2x Members Page
That is one very neat 20 :lolcry: Is that original paint ?
