Everything posted by Doogs
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Thanks for the kind comments and advice johno. We used wax and grease remover before application of primer and topcoat. The primer went on ok but the topcoat did not (as you can see). Thanks for the tip off on the silicone drops, I will look into those. In a little while I will fix up the gaurd and bootlid then I will cut back the problem areas and treat them. Unfortunately it wont be together for my 18th, but hey thats cars ! They always seem to take longer than you think and there is often a problem rearing its head. (All the more rewarding when finished) I am also fairly broke right now (learning what money pits cars can be) so that limits progress a bit as well.
-
Greeeeen Beastie!!!
Man I wish I had access to a spray booth etc like you :bash: Results are awesome.
-
Ke 25 3sge, Pics
Rack and Pinion in a KE25, I like it ! :bash: Could you put up some pics please ?
-
Vic Wreckers
Great idea mate, Can I also suggest that we keep doing this, and let our fellow rollaclubers know as we see cars pop up at our regular wreckers ? (I certainly know I will)
- Gotcha!!
-
[buznke] Rotarized Ke26 Pano
Looks great mate, Love the wheelbarrow of emptys :yes:
-
Matts Ke30......sr20det
Great work Matt, its coming along well :yes:
-
Speedway Car Project
Sweet car mate, I also agree with the two tone idea. Go for a look similar to the SLR Toranas ? http://www.gmh-torana.com/mkportal/modules...album/a_177.jpg
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Thanks sim, I am aiming to get a fair bit done when exams finish (November 13 :dance: )
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Here are a few better examples of the problem. Note the areas where the paint appears to sit in a little pit and seems to have not stuck to the panel properly.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers mate, The spare wheel well was fine, we just fiberglassed it up. I need to ring up the paint shop though at some stage, to find out about fixing this reaction. I understand that I can cut it back and treat it with and isolator to fix it, but will see. I will try and put up some more pics of the problem this weekend, as the above one does not show it that well. The other areas have a different bubbling effect rather than the 'run' like effect shown on that 1/4.
-
Guess What...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry I am a bit late) :dance:
-
Phils Ke30 Full Baremetal Rebuild
Must come in handy :dance: Good job, done the right way.
-
Ke2x Members Page
Great pickup Dougy, you lucky bugga ! :)
-
Phils Ke30 Full Baremetal Rebuild
Awesome car mate, sounds like you have done a great job with the paint prep etc. Looks the goods with the hotwires and eagers :) Any pics of the build process ?
-
Smeetsy1's Ke20
Tidy as, would be worth a bit seeing its an original in such good nick :) Why are you thinking of selling such a nice one ?
-
Friggo's Ke20
Nice car mate, pretty sure original seats would be vinyl though. If you don't want to fiddle round as much with sump mods etc a 5k conversion is a good one.
-
Dan's Ke20
Awesome rolla mate, looks tough as with the lites and eagers. Any progress recently ?
-
Greeeeen Beastie!!!
Great work, keen to see those pics when you get them. :)
-
Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out
Also interested in a dash pad price Raven, but for a Ke20. Cheers, Dougal
-
Glass Repair
Bloody hell !!! Sounds pretty dodgy to me. What name do they trade under ?
-
Ke20 Front Seat Upgrade
Sounds like I need to look at these :( Thanks Ryan but it would be a bit of a pain to get them here. (I did not realise your location) I will have a look at a few of these other options. Cheers, Dougal
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Unfortunately thats top coat. :( And it is due to the paint reacting, not runs from a heavy coat of paint. We did rub the primer back as part of the process, and to fill some of the tiny holes we used a light coat of high-fill. (This can be seen as the yellow in the shot where the drivers side is rubbed back) Ahhhhhh well, shit happens.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
After a long couple of days work with the help of some great mates and their shed, most of the car has been painted. It was an up and down couple of days, where great progress was made along with a few problems. We were unable to fix and paint the front left gaurd and bootlid, due to the blasters taking their time on completing the task :( Chances are that they will be finished by them this week. :( So we chose to straighten, paint and remove rust from; >The front apron >Bonnet >The drivers side >The boot area >Roof >Doorjams Along with a few other spots. The prep work went well and we managed to get what we were painting straight and rust free. Primer was applied and all was looking good. When we began to paint topcoat more problems arose. When we began to apply topcoat in many places a reaction took place and the paint was not sticking properly causing runs and other imperfections. This is thought to have been a reaction between the paint and a residue left from use of a silicone polish in the past. (And no it was not just poor spray technique). Due to this much of the paint will need to be cut back and treated before being repainted. Thankfully some areas will be ok and on a whole it was a productive few days. Anyway here are a few pictures to show some of the process. The drivers side after guidecoat Previous paint layers Rust patches fixed Primed The roof (which is mostly ok) An example of the problem
-
Tt Cressida
Looks quite good from that pic. I assume she goes alright....... :yak: :)
