Everything posted by ae824ate
-
Getting My Head Shaved.. But How Much?
Altezzaclub is onto it! Do it this way, it is a very accurate way of doing it. We used a thick oil (gbox/diff oil) and a syringe. This is calculating your static CR though, not dynamic CR. If its possible, find out how many deg abdc the intake valve seats, and work off that volume of the cylinder. For example, the tighe 150A cam that i had, the intake valve didnt seat untill 71*abdc. Cylinder volume for a 4k-325cc. 325cc/360*=.9027 So 1 degree of revolution is .9027cc. .9027ccx71*=64cc. 325cc-64cc=261cc. So that is the dynamic volume of one cylinder, then figure out the volume of your chamber and add a few cc for the head gasket. Without knowing the specs of the stock cam, the simplest way is just use the static volume.
-
Interchangeable 3K & 4K Sump Gaskets?
I remember reading that the stud or bolt pattern was different on the 3k block and sump. I may be wrong though. I only have a 4k and 5k here for reference.
-
Dave'S Rabbit
Bugger mate, not good to hear. The wreckers at Blacksoil had a ke30 a while ago, might be worth a call if you need parts. Not alot in Toowoomba unfortunatly. Best of luck.
-
Rota Ke30
:o Freakin nice colour man, looks like a very well done job!! Good on ya!
-
Dave'S Rabbit
They love it up and down Hume st. Used to see them all the time, like our good mate with the red '70 :angrybird:. Never mind.
-
Camshaft Experiences.
I imagine it will run similar to a 104, the most popular grind. I myself havnt, but it looks like a similar grind.
-
Dave'S Rabbit
Yeah mate, the same Luke. I used to live next door to Zowie, he is a great bloke. I don't want to start another rides thread on her, I'm keeping it to myself for now. But if you look a "Mason"s old thread there is heaps of pics of it, also Zowies thread. Cheers, Luke.
-
Dave'S Rabbit
Gday Dave, good buy on the '30, we all hope it is in good hands. You are on Ramsay st right? Looked familiar. Plans for it sound good, best of luck with it! Luke.
-
Your Old Rides
1st car-AE82 hatch, worked to 4a turbo running N13 pulsar injection gear. Eventually converted to AE101 4agze. 2x ta22 celica's Datsun 120y wagon Nissan N13 pulsar Yamaha XS250 Honda cbr 250rr with engine work Hyundai excel POS Ford TX5 Mazda 626 turbo (fkn great car) another AE82 hatch another AE82 twincam hatch, awesome vehicle. RIP KE55, crashed RIP Prolly a few i have forgotten, i will try and get some pics up. Current, hyundai lantra (heap of shit!) and KE36 panel van (pure awesomeness!), soon to own an R6 hopefully.
-
Yn85R Hilux Carby Turbo
Holy f@$k mate, almost reached your double power aim. Good job, i am so doing my 4k!
-
13B Turbo Into Ke20 :)
I wish they would make the laws the same in every state. P plate laws, modification laws etc. It causes confusion :bash:
-
13B Turbo Into Ke20 :)
A rotary conversion is the same as any other. Engine & gearbox mounts, fuel pump and lines, clutch (cable to hydraulic), tailshaft and and axle strong enough, brakes on the said diff/axle, speedo drive, thermo fan or pulley driven fan, and the biggest job is WIRING!! And mating it all in with your existing body wiring. And of course, make sure it is all legal before you begin, talk to an engineer or the like. Not sure how it works in SA. It is a bloody big job, be prepared for that. It has been covered time and again. If you are able to do most of the fabrication and electrical work yourself you will save alot of $. I will hopefully be doing a similar conversion mid next year if all goes to plan, and i know what i am in for, i have done it before, and its a big, frustrating job for a DIY'er.
-
13B Turbo Into Ke20 :)
And we are forgetting, the legend of Scotty Hoffman had a 13b turbo in oke020 before the 2jz. Linky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBX1npRg3k
-
Si's 5kte Ke55
:y: super duper curious. What are you up to taz?
-
Camshaft Experiences.
Thanks Evan.
-
Camshaft Experiences.
Edit, never mind.
-
Camshaft Experiences.
Cam is in, been run in, and double springs are in. Currently breathing through the stock carby. And um, I'm not sure how to describe it. Almost nothing down low, even taking off on level ground. But god it loves to rev!! Gain power at about 3K, and at 3.5-4K it starts pulling like a 14 year old until 6-7K. The stock carby struggles after 6000ish, and I'm sure the weber or dellorto will feed it enough fuel in the higher rpm. Ideally i should have had the head shaved for compression while doing this, but it was a bit of a rush. I have before and after videos, and will possibly put them up on youtube soon. I don't think i will stick with the 150A for long, it just wont be practical for city driving, its an animal with this cam. It has a cranky lumpy idle (not in the video, but sounds like a rotary) Fkn brap brap!!!!. I do not recommend a grind like this for street/daily use. Its suited to rally/race. I will put a link up to a video shortly. Cheers, Luke.
-
Camshaft Experiences.
Here is the results of the cam install, after running it in. The double springs have been installed now, and am looking forward to a good tune, and a road test. Brap brap to all, and to all a good night. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fozgrappla%3Ffeature%3Dmhsn&h=5AQEm8kW1
-
Help "Tuning" Carbie
Like altezzaclub said, the only adjustment you have on the carby is the idle mixture jet, and the idle speed screw. Id be looking at the other things altezzaclub suggested. Carby rebuild kits arent too expensive, if you feel the need to clean out your carby for piece of mind.
-
Hot Corolla
This is years old, i still have the hot 4's or street machine mag it was in. Somewhere.........
-
Camshaft Experiences.
Thanks guys. The 150A is a pretty cranky grind, I'm very curious to see how it will run with the dellorto, and upped compression. It already has a very light flywheel, extractors etc, i just hope all these ingredients bake a sweet, reliable brappin cake :blush:
-
Camshaft Experiences.
Cheers philbey, i had a bit of a look but couldnt find anything. A link would be great. Anyone else with fist hand experience? This is my first K engine, I'm a K virgin :blush:
-
Camshaft Experiences.
Gday guys. I am a short while away from putting my 150A tighe ground cam into my 4k, hopefully getting my dellorto or the 32/36 tuned to suit. Flywheel has been lightened alot, and compression will be raised a little, after i work out the dynamic CR. Anyway, is it possible for people to put up their 'before and after cam' experiences, and i would really love to see a dyno, or a running/driving video for comparance. I have searched and searched, but can not find a before and after. The 150A is a pretty cranky wild cam, with 292* advertised duration, and .474" lift :happy: (which i have double springs to suit) blah blah. I'd love to hear your experiences guys, and ideally id love to see a dyno comparison or running/driving vids, and what cam you have used. Thanks guys, Luke.
-
Pro-68C Ke-10 Drag Car
Tough as nuts!
-
4Ac Missing Pipe
I never worried about it, and i never had any problems, even at -11*c on winter mornings. 8