Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

this is a good pic for a couple of reason, 1 because you can see me, the camera, even my finger coming off the button in the semi mirror finish. and 2 because it shows how I didn't take pitting out of anywhere the flapper wheels wouldn't fit. :P But also sorta shows how much work's in it.

post-1315-1199782915_thumb.jpg

Another close up of the pitting.....should really show you's this should I!!?

post-1315-1199783042_thumb.jpg

As you'd also see in the first pic off the camera, I didn't sand smooth anywhere that was going to be covered by fuel lines/rail injector wiring etc. Save a little bit of work there.

Members dont see this ad

Ok, was very pissed off with myself yesterday as I though the motorkhana was on today (sunday) and didn't make it! :bash: Hence I thought I'd better get some work done. :)

And what better than to get the people off me back who keep commenting on the engine mount/turbo inlet issue!! :D :(

BEFOR.....

1215072319-00.jpg

and after....

turb2.jpg

turb1.jpg

So there's no issues about being able to get an air filter/pipe on now! :fuzz:

Edited by Taz_Rx

Hi mate nice to see the injection going in and the detailing looks great. Does the 7K injection bolt straight up to the 4k head ? Also i love the fact that you have progresed with your car from carby to injection and now a new turbo manifold. Looks great dude can't wait to see if their is a big diference in power figures, keep up the good work. :fuzz:

very nice but who needs 12psi when u can have 20 :)

Been there, done that....

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/taz...¤t=100_0961.flv

Listen to it spool!

Radz - Yes 7k injection bolts straight on. They have runners a bit bigger than stock 4k that are square, see the port matching a few pages back. :wink: Hoping power will nearly double from last dyno of the 4k on 8psi.

Who needs gloves, rollas a wortha welding burn or too! 8/

Was very interstintg to actually drive a 4age ke3/5X (Trev I dropped him into town in his car.....and then proceeded up the highway!! :jamie: )

Yes, it did go well........but not too much quicker than my NA car! When I get the bigport and a different weber on it, I reckon it'll be neck and neck!!

BUT, here's the thing......How much does it actually cost to get a stock ke3/5X running with a 4age, by the time you get it all fitted and runnning, I can't imagine having too much change from $2K!!!

And how much has the other car cost me...weber - $20, extractors - $130, exhaust - $150, Cam - $100 (+$70 for a bigport head I haven't got yet) and we're talking less than a quarter of the price, for the same speed! :hmm:

And the next thing is......how much are each of us up for when things go bang!!!

Trev - Yes I know I am comparing a stock 4age to a worked 4k, but thats why I spoke in dollar terms above. When it comes down to the bottom line, in my IIHM I think the K will always win hands down.

And if you want to compare work motors against worked motors then just have a look at Blown_5k in NZ still beating fully worked 4ages track cars with a 3k!!!! :y:

tell me your buying my bigport!

Ah shite, completly forgot you had that one!! :jamie:

That was an addition to some other bits I was buying off the seller. I've also got another one sitting in Perth waiting for me to pay postage, but that one may be more of a door stop than a usable head. :y:

Try and sell it locally and I'll fit it for the buyer for free! 8/

Trev - Yes I know I am comparing a stock 4age to a worked 4k, but thats why I spoke in dollar terms above. When it comes down to the bottom line, in my IIHM I think the K will always win hands down.

And if you want to compare work motors against worked motors then just have a look at Blown_5k in NZ still beating fully worked 4ages track cars with a 3k!!!! 8/

Beats me what you fellas are doing wrong lol,my 1430cc 3k would probably do a really low 14 these days it did a 14.55 when it was a leanover engine and i can mow my mates 4k down in a straight line around the circuit so yeah maybe a 14 flat.

A standard 3k is only 1166cc so its had very extensive work done to it, Was it starlet vs starlet.