Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

haha yeah Dan and I spent a few hours on it last night, head was finally bolted on about 1130 or so.

There was no torque settings on the genuine head gasket packet and I had a mental blank on what its supposed to be! :lol:

Checked the FAQ and all it said was "per gasket recommendations". :hmm:

thanks Matt, thought the msg would be ok as it way only 9:00pm there yeah?

Forgot to get some valve stem seals yesterday (o-rings), did the late night trip to Jim's (servo with car parts in store) and they didn't have any that were the right thickness. Will get some this arvo though.

Manifolds, turbo, dump pipe, and head are all bolted back on. So all that is left to do tonight to get here running again is:

Fit valve stem seals.

Fit rocker gear

Tappet clearances

Re-fit tappet cover

Fit oil filter

Put speedflow lines back on and wiring loom

Bolt exhaust back on to dump pipe

Gap and fit new plugs

Re-fit cooler piping

Fill with fluids

Turn key! :D

So expect a vid of the Gilmer tomoz, maybe tonight. :y:

haha yeah Dan and I spent a few hours on it last night, head was finally bolted on about 1130 or so.

There was no torque settings on the genuine head gasket packet and I had a mental blank on what its supposed to be! :D

Checked the FAQ and all it said was "per gasket recommendations". :hmm:

thanks Matt, thought the msg would be ok as it way only 9:00pm there yeah?

Forgot to get some valve stem seals yesterday (o-rings), did the late night trip to Jim's (servo with car parts in store) and they didn't have any that were the right thickness. Will get some this arvo though.

Manifolds, turbo, dump pipe, and head are all bolted back on. So all that is left to do tonight to get here running again is:

Fit valve stem seals.

Fit rocker gear

Tappet clearances

Re-fit tappet cover

Fit oil filter

Put speedflow lines back on and wiring loom

Bolt exhaust back on to dump pipe

Gap and fit new plugs

Re-fit cooler piping

Fill with fluids

Turn key! :D

So expect a vid of the Gilmer tomoz, maybe tonight. :y:

Yeah didnt bother me,but thought it was a bit late over there :lol:

Yeah didnt bother me,but thought it was a bit late over there :y:

Yeah shit wasn't co-operating for me, so it was a bit of a late one. About to have an early arvo off work, so then I can get her running and still watch law and order!! :hmm:

Another late night!! :hmm: didn't finish (well I didn't finish) until 1130pm last night, wouldn't start as the battery was half flat. Left it on the charger all night. Wouldn't start again this morning....until I noticed that the dizzy had unlocked itself (think I'd better do a better job than cable ties! :D

Fixed that, still wouldn't start, pulled 25% of the fuel out and away she went, then would run very weel until you knocked the fuel back in, so the start enrichment needs to be knocked back a bit! :D

Also had a leaking injector o-ring last night, so that wasted another 30-45 minutes on that.

Its also leaking a bit of oil from the sump seal! :y: but still is most likely because I did up all the bolts with a speed brace and they're not tight enough (re-did a couple). will get under it again tonight and nip them all up and hopefully I should be all good.

Took a few pics and a vid of the Gilmer drive this morning. Brought the camera to work and forgot the bloody cable so I'll upload them after lunch some time. :lol: