Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

  • Author

Skids will have to wait till after dyno tuning, plus I'm not doing it on semi slicks for the sake mof a vid, so i'll have to dig out some dried old crusty 165 or something for that. :lolcry:

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

Yeah alright then, I'll invest in a 12v coil soon.

Plan on rigging up some sort of dualpulse CAS and running 4x coil packs eventually.

 

Just took it for a drive!!!! :lolcry: Didn't like 3rd too much once the boost built up a bit, but 2nd wasn't too bad. f@$k ALL LAG!! :y:

 

multi-coils is not really worth it, just easier to get a old MSD 6A CDI or crane hi-6 CDI etc,

will have a way higher spark than a multi-coil setup and be cheaper/easier. Those old school

msd come up for around $200 s/h.. bargain if they work

 

I have just taken multi-coils of the skyline and gone back to single coil, YOU WANT ONE???

I went back because i needed a CDI and a single coil one is around $400 a multi -coil reliable

one(m@W/autronic 500R/motec) is $1400-1500. And the vl's make around

1000hp with a single coil/CDI..good enough for me.

 

I never has any breakdown with 23psi with the plug gapped down with a single coil etc

a CDI would have been my next move though, probally worth 10-20hp at the motor anyway.

cheers

darren

 

PM me if you want a coil, they are usually $50 each, but I'll give you one in the interest

of seeing this thing going properly :cool:, ha,ha

they are bosch HEC 715's

Edited by untubbed_20

Sorry Si i forgot you are only running candlepower ignition.that tune was AFR 14.3 at idle and AFR 11.8 or lower on max boost so yeah it maybe not liking the ignition setup.

 

Go and buy yourself a Crane HI-6 ,youll love it and like darren said,i have never had a misfire issue and they have also got a real nice softcut limiter in them.

 

Matt

Edited by madrolla68

Taz are you running identical injectors and fuel pressure to what madrolla was?

 

I'm not sure about that,i think they are close on the injector size and yes same fuel pressure,he has different comp and cam though i think.

 

MAtt

As for multi coils not worth it? sorry but that just isnt true, M&W in sydney make a kit that not that expensive and is capable of killing you 115mj output it increases the input voltage 400 volts. with one of these on a rotoryincreased the HP by 30% as we could add a shit load more fuel because of the stronger burn, to get that power out of a dizzy cap you would be melting rotor buttons and dizzy caps.

 

Also the multi coils wont get to saturation like a single coil at peak revs, you don't have to worry about spark jumping with hi power like on a dizzy cap at hi revs (like ive seen before DETONATION).

 

Multi coil setups are worth every cent for performance.

On a piston motor, a multi coil vs a dizzy with a CDI , the CDI system will be better.

 

A multi point with CDI would be the best no doubt, and for the extra $2000+ it would want to be

we are talkingabout a K motor here, they ain't worth every cent.

 

rotarys are another kettle of fish, they have very poor ignition systems, and need a

better ignition source than most motors, especially with the fat afr's you have to run to keep them alive.

 

Any link to the MW stuff, i have a PRO-10 MW CDI on my car, I can't see how they do any thing better

than that, except for there drag units, would love to have a look if they do something else, as it would

be good for water injection setups:)

 

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

  • Author

Yeah I've got 315cc 7mge injectors the same as Madrolla and fuel pressure is also 30psi Felix. However, my reg is a 1.7:1 RR. Been worndering if this is and issue now.

 

Took it for another quick drive today to maccas, and ended up sitting in the drive through for ages,....and fouled another set of plugs!! :lolcry: Only just made it home! Thinking I might also put some new plug leads on it aswell, incase one of them is farked. :y:

  • Author

I've tried nocking the fuel down a bit, both in the map and the overall trim. Seems to run well were it is, its more like the spark just can't deal with it and fouls up the plugs!

 

I'll have to wait till next week when I get paid to get it on Sherriff's rollers. Can come play in the mean time if you want!? :y:

 

Oh yeah, well I am gunna need at least a new coil Darren! :lolcry:

Edited by Taz_Rx

I've tried nocking the fuel down a bit, both in the map and the overall trim. Seems to run well were it is, its more like the spark just can't deal with it and fouls up the plugs!

 

I'll have to wait till next week when I get paid to get it on Sherriff's rollers. Can come play in the mean time if you want!? :y:

 

Oh yeah, well I am gunna need at least a new coil Darren! :lolcry:

 

So when driving its ok,but idling for long periods it fouls up ey.

 

Just remembered that i run an O2 sensor for AFR correction under no boost load,have you got an O2 sensor.

 

MAtt

  • Author
So when driving its ok,but idling for long periods it fouls up ey.

 

Just remembered that i run an O2 sensor for AFR correction under no boost load,have you got an O2 sensor.

 

MAtt

 

Yeah, idling is the problem.

 

I was advised by the mechanic who will be tuning it NOT to use a O2 sensor for closed loop control, turned that off in the setting the other day.

 

Nah haven't taken it out yet Nick. Wil get some new plugs, leads and coil later in the week. And will go see Mr Sherriff shortly and book it in for next Thursday (26th).

Yeah, idling is the problem.

 

I was advised by the mechanic who will be tuning it NOT to use a O2 sensor for closed loop control, turned that off in the setting the other day.

 

Nah haven't taken it out yet Nick. Wil get some new plugs, leads and coil later in the week. And will go see Mr Sherriff shortly and book it in for next Thursday (26th).

 

So your not using an O2 sensor at all for AFR control down low.

 

Matt

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.