Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

Hi,

In all my books On K motors I even have the 5k ENGINE MANUAL they all crank at 250RPM. Upgraded your main power cables yet? The ones I mean are batt to alt to starter and earths? I got 4 gauge cable in KE30 did up grade my self HUGE improvement so try that.

No load amp draw from a KEXX starter is 55amps so try a no load test also. Will show if starter is dying.

Also sensor position for ECU. Is it close aligned right to pick up the ignition pulse? And is 200 the lowest ECU will do? As if sensor is good and starter loom fixed can't see why a normal starter wont kick it.

Cameorn

Si

I didnt have any trouble hooking mine up using a usb to serial adapter.

Are you using the cable that came from wolf, from the ecu to the serial adapter????

SOunds to me like there is a com port issue, have you selected the right com port in the software.

RING ME!!!!!!!!!! if you need help.

Si

I didnt have any trouble hooking mine up using a usb to serial adapter.

Are you using the cable that came from wolf, from the ecu to the serial adapter????

SOunds to me like there is a com port issue, have you selected the right com port in the software.

RING ME!!!!!!!!!! if you need help.

COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is happeneing :( :) :n: :lolcry:

Just too damn busy at work lately to get any work done mate. I really can't be bother working on cars by the time I get home from 10-14 hours work for the day!!! :(

I'm getting a pulse, but very intimatantly. Using a $600 Odyssey battery, and if it drops below 12.6v off crank then the pulse just dissapears.

I'm waiting to try and get one of those reduction gear starter motors, so I can turn it over quicker with whatever voltage, but I'm having trouble trying to find a new one. A mate tried to order one from Ashdowns yesterday for me, but they couldn't find any listing of what its off. Ithought it was from a KM20 5k, but I may need to do some more research I think! :)

I think the problem with the cable me be that my flat mate installed the Wolf programs for me from one zip folder, but didn't do anything with the other zip folder, which I guessing may have had some drivers or something in it!?

Hi,

Taz if your still having troubles try a no load test on the starter.

reduction starters no load should pull less than 90 amps at 11.5 volts.

I have a how to on rebuilding this starter from Toyota if you need it. Could be a faulty starter as if you have a big batterya dn good starter no reason motor wont crank at 250RPM so you get a pulse.

Cameron

250rpm isn't fast enough to give a steady pulse Cam. It's not too bad above 500rpm.

having 12.6v has just been a band aid solution really.

Just waiting to see if I can't get a better price than $250 for a new one. :)

250rpm isn't fast enough to give a steady pulse Cam. It's not too bad above 500rpm.

having 12.6v has just been a band aid solution really.

Just waiting to see if I can't get a better price than $250 for a new one. :)

I'm not using a reduction gear Si and mine is fine????????????