Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

You can hand hed one yeah? with enough cable to get to exhaust tip?

If I was to get one, this might be to go then I can use it in all of my cars! :)

Alternatively would one of these do?.....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-UNIVERSAL-2-WIR...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-UNIVERSAL-1-WIR...1QQcmdZViewItem

Now on to Ignition....

Have been looking at CDi unit today. I have 9 days to get something sorted if I want to have it in for dyno tuning next Thursday!!!! :dance: And somehwhat limited funds, as I'l have to buy a coil too.

I want some opinions on this unit.....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PROCOMP-CDI-IGN...1QQcmdZViewItem

Only really looking at it because of price and availability. Could have it installed by dyno day.

THEN, if it turns out to be not that great or if I want to go MSD/CRANE or multicoil, I have other cars it could go on! Might be a good unit for 'dirt' or 'mud'!! :dance:

Will just have enough for this, a coil, other little bits and pieces and tuning next week.

My mate has a sensor similar to that one on ebay and a data logger to suit.

From what I have seen when he was tuning it was fairly user friendly and took a lot

of the guesswork out of tuning.

He thinks it has saved him heaps in dyno fees as well.

Then again, I have heard of a place in Melbourne who will dyno tune for about $80. So I think the cost

difference is not much in the end. (Although with your own sensor you can do multiple cars for cheap.)

EDIT: He has a bung in the exhaust to put the sensor in when he is tuning.

Edited by Rad Rolla

Coil is installed (thanks Casey for the bracket :dance: ), put a couple more earth straps on....and what'd know :dance: It runs on the "fouled" plugs!!!

So I'll save the new plugs I got today for tuning.

Took it for a quick drive again tonight. Loves boost under 50% throttle! :) ....but just coughs and plutter with any more. :) Can't wait till Thursday!! :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I restricted to a shade over 10psi, as this piece of shit RPM heavy duty clutch is starting to slip - which you can clearly see on the dyno graph where I have circled.

No big deal, as I have to get a new clutch for the T50, so this will probably just happen a bit sooner than originally planned. Need to get onto 'the man' in NZ and get this 200mm lightened flywheel over too.

anyway here's the graphs.....

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Is quite good how it sits on peak power for over 1000rpm.

Nice work, mine only used make 90rwkw on 10-12psi(can't remember think it was 12 though)

with its really low comp(7.4.1) and bigger turbo when it had the smaller cam in it, never

went that low with the boost with the biggy

Can't wait to see what a 7k with 9.2.1 comp , small cam and 15psi does:)-

Yours wil go hard on 15-20psi, give that rota of yours a good run then!

cheers

darren

Edited by untubbed_20

Nice work, mine only used make 90rwkw on 10-12psi(can't remember think it was 12 though)

with its really low comp(7.4.1) and bigger turbo when it had the smaller cam in it, never

went that low with the boost with the biggy

Can't wait to see what a 7k with 9.2.1 comp , small cam and 15psi does:)-

Yours wil go hard on 15-20psi, give that rota of yours a good run then!

cheers

darren

Yeah all turned out good hey, not sure if that cam will loet him run real big number but should see 130/140 pretty easy on 18 or so.

Matt

haha yeah think it's probably already faster than the mazda, fastest it ever went was a 14.3, but still with ignitor problems and a few misses. Oh and a GB that chewed about 30-40kw!!! :P goes a fair bit better now with the new box.

I think we're all interest in see what a forced inducted 7k goes like!! :D

I've got another "dyno queen" cam sitting at home Matt.

Trying to find another 5k bottom end to rebuild with some forgies, and that cam will go in the new motor.

Now just need a turbo that won't shit its ceramic pants!!! :P