Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

Yes and no Trev... Footpaths are for feet... There's a road for things with wheels. That's why bikes are expected to obey road rules.

 

In the case of crossings, a bike in motion moves much faster than a pedestrian... less reaction time for the approaching driver.

 

are you saying that people with prams shouldn't be alowd on the footpath??

that's f@$ked.

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

That wasnt what he was saying you are just trying to stir shit

 

woah, don't go puttin words in my mouth mate, i wasn't startin anything

 

I'm quite obviously referring to bicycles...

 

ok i'm sorry it's just that from the sounds of it you didn't think that prams should be on a footpath,

my bad. :P

woah, don't go puttin words in my mouth mate, i wasn't startin anything

 

 

 

ok i'm sorry it's just that from the sounds of it you didn't think that prams should be on a footpath,

my bad. :P

 

I wasnt putting words in your mouth but how can you honestly think he meant that prams shouldnt be allowed on the footpaths?

what grinds my gears is these bmx kids who ride all over the joint skiping in between cars pedestrians

damn newsense

That's exactly right, but its not the road... Its a pedestrian crossing.

My bad, i missed the "crossing" bit.

I'm quite obviously referring to bicycles...

 

Jarred I know what you meant so I still love you :P

 

Its a bit hard to ride on the road on the way to work due to there being about 1km of school zone parking that you have to fight buses and cars and will only be abused by impatient drivers, I give way to pedestrians while I'm on the footpath and when I come to a crossing I don't just pull out, I stand up with my bike until someone stops and then ride across.

Yeah that's fair enough... Most aren't as conscientious as you though. I guess the law exists to account for the lowest common denominator.

 

Trivia:

 

Up here we have a quite well developed bike lane system... most are 2m wide and painted in bright f*ckoff green antislip paint.

But that's mostly due the prevalence of Japanese people here on work visas... (thousands...)

In Japan bikes rule supreme (They outnumber cars by about 7 trillion:1) ... and have no real rules attached to where and how you should ride them.

So they come over here, pick up a cheap pair of wheels, and proceed to ride up the tiny footpaths, across roundabouts on the inside lane into the traffic, diagonally across intersections, through red lights etc etc... no surprise dozens get cleaned up every week.

 

You'd think they'd give em a leaflet or something when they get off the plane.

alot of people grinding gears tonight :P

you reckon? i think rollaclub is on the verge of mass E-penis fest... LOL

should really try the clutch?

I wasnt putting words in your mouth but how can you honestly think he meant that prams shouldnt be allowed on the footpaths?

 

i mis-understood and said sorry, that enough??

i mis-understood and said sorry, that enough??

 

Prolly not, never is anymore :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.