What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad
what i get annoyed at is when people get annoyed at being caught when they are clearly in the wrong.

you didnt have the p-plates on, the law sais you have to have them on, you got caught, you suffer the consequences.

sucked in?

people who run red lights also annoy me, mainly cause one day they are gonna take out either me, or someone i care about. so to the guy that said he hated red light cameras...also sucked in! and quit running red lights and it wont be a problem?

that is all!

I'm all for if you did something wrong you deserve what you get.

But, what kind of a f@$king road safety issue is not having P-plates displayed properly on your vehicle? WTF? These whole lot of laws are just bullshit made up to look like they're actually trying to do something productive.

PFFT! yeah right!

The only thing that these laws do is raise revenue and keep the few honest ones out of trouble, which they would probably never get themselves into anyway cause it's the sensible ones who obey the rules.

Sure, having peers and talking on a mobile while in the car distracts drivers, but just how many actually stuck to their curfew?

I actually agree with the alcohol one, but I think it's kind of a drag if you were to get pulled over the next day when you feel fine and are theoretically sober.

There is NO road safety issue in regards to not displaying your p-plates incorrectly or at all! It's just an excuse for cops and other road users to pick on you and carry on with all their f@$king old fart whingeing. :fuzz:

YES, there are some bad P-plate drivers out there, but there's alot more fully licensed driver's who don't deserve a license as well. Maybe they should try some basic driver education courses and some practical driving lessons. They should make it mandatory to do an advanced driver course and take away all the dumb arse laws that are band-aids.

:bash: :cool: :P :party: :P :D

we should do what other countries do and make driving lessons a compulsory school class like english, i for one would have loved to hit the skid pan and learn some defensive driving at school, how awesome would that be, it seems like the impossible, learn lots of things and have fun and maybe even save a life if a situation turns ugly, if i was PM it would be first thing id make compulsory

Travis

You know what grinds my gears? THIS GUY!

He was pulling out his driveway. Don't call him a f@$king dipshit.

WGMFGs, The younger generation of newbies that have joined rollaclub and have no respect what so ever for the older generation and the leaders of the board and like me a few people have had enough and I will not be PMing their names so don't ask.

they don't pay to be on the road. why do they have as much right to be there as some who pay what $600 or so a year to be on the road. I'm not saying i have any issue with cyclists as i have only been inconvenienced by them a couple times worst was up black top road through the hills last tour down under, stuck behind a truck that was stuck behind them doing around 20k on a 30 odd degree slope because they had taken up the entire road.

I have four cars and two trailers registered. That's over $2000 a year. I pay rates, I pay $30K a year in tax. I pay petrol tax, plus just about any other tax that seems to be imaginable. I have every right to be on the road on a bike.

Diddums, you were held up for a minute or two. If that's the worst your life is it must be nirvana in your neighbourhood......

Honestly, this thread is 120 pages of predominately people who need a perspective adjustment.

we should do what other countries do and make driving lessons a compulsory school class like english, i for one would have loved to hit the skid pan and learn some defensive driving at school, how awesome would that be, it seems like the impossible, learn lots of things and have fun and maybe even save a life if a situation turns ugly, if i was PM it would be first thing id make compulsory

Or some thing similar. Hell, just the or something would do! :P

The younger generation of newbies that have joined rollaclub and have no respect what so ever for the older generation and the leaders of the board

Expanding on this:

WGMG is the people from my generation and lower that don't respect any other generation at all. Yes although respect should be earnt not given, I would say it doesn't mean you loose all sense of manners. Also I believe the Moderators and Senior Members on this forum HAVE earnt the respect they should be given. Otherwise this forum could be useless.

they don't pay to be on the road. why do they have as much right to be there as some who pay what $600 or so a year to be on the road.

Because the bicycle is a form of transport and because of that the government has proclaimed that it is illegal to use footpaths just like any other form of surface traveling transport....

I believe even a horse (read: multiple legged land creature) and its rider has to use the road (or crown land if its not residential)

WGMFGs, The younger generation of newbies that have joined rollaclub and have no respect what so ever for the older generation and the leaders of the board and like me a few people have had enough and I will not be PMing their names so don't ask.

Yeah noticed that

and its just not on here but in real life as well - guess it goes back to the parents in a way (with what we get told in how we're allowed to raise our kids by people that don't have kids)

I'm 17 and I see so many people my age that don't have respect for anyone full stop. Not even people their own age.

It's not just the older generations that they don't have respect for they just think their actions don't matter and that they are the best thing going around so why not do whatever you want.

It's pathetic.

Why is it that when you ride a bike (I work close to home and used to ride before i got lazy) people ecxpect you to get off your bike and walk it across the road at a crossing when there isnt even a sign to say get off an walk, I had one guy almost run me over as i thought he was stopping but he sped up and then abused me.

I guess its the same sort of people that don't move over on the foot path and expect you to push a pram on the grass.

Honestly, this thread is 120 pages of predominately people who need a perspective adjustment.

quoted for truth

its funny how differently you look at the world after really getting yourself balls deep in it, and working your way out...the hard way...

Why is it that when you ride a bike (I work close to home and used to ride before i got lazy) people ecxpect you to get off your bike and walk it across the road at a crossing when there isnt even a sign to say get off an walk, I had one guy almost run me over as i thought he was stopping but he sped up and then abused me.

I guess its the same sort of people that don't move over on the foot path and expect you to push a pram on the grass.

Yes and no Trev... Footpaths are for feet... There's a road for things with wheels. That's why bikes are expected to obey road rules.

In the case of crossings, a bike in motion moves much faster than a pedestrian... less reaction time for the approaching driver.

Why is it that when you ride a bike (I work close to home and used to ride before i got lazy) people ecxpect you to get off your bike and walk it across the road at a crossing when there isnt even a sign to say get off an walk,

Thats the one thing i could never understand when i use to ride. Your defined as a road user but you have to dismount the bike to cross the road...

Shopping centers are another good one with that as well. I got to the point of phuck 'em and either stop or plow on ahead looking else where...

if you're crossing at a pedestrian crossing, you are supposed to dismount and walk the bike across...at least in vic.

kinda like riding on the footpath. if you're over 14, you aren't allowed to be on the footpath, unless you're walking your bike (or it's a shared pathway).

and those that don't give right of way to prams and wheelchairs should be put in a wheelchair for a month and see what it's like when people give no shit for you.

Thats the one thing i could never understand when i use to ride. Your defined as a road user but you have to dismount the bike to cross the road...

That's exactly right, but its not the road... Its a pedestrian crossing.

Edited by 7shades

On the issue of cyclists. Everyone needs to work together. My old bosses wife was koed by a cab on her cycle on the way to work when he clipped her. She woke up with a semi trailer parked on her leg and almost lost the leg. She has a permanent limp and falls over once in a while for no good reason. If you cannot realise how great the consequences could be for them and go easy you are a sub human worm and have no class. Sometimes I'm annoyed by them, just like all of us, but I'm annoyed a lot more often by motorists and motorcyclists.

On the topic of the PM. Hes OK. Its early days. I haven't read one argument on here that had any research put into it or that wasn't just repeating things Ive heard in the media. How about we learn to think for ourselves and create our own opinions? Most people hate him and cannot even sight a reason. Welcome to tall poppy syndrome Mr Rudd. Don't worry, well all vote for you again next time.

On the issue of P plates being dispalyed. Do it. Its the law. I like to know if someone I'm following is a P plater. Lets face it, you're all pretty low on experience and high on piss and wind and trying to impress your mates. We deserve fair warning. Don't deny us that and enjoy your fines. If you actually read the road rules and relevant legislation you may have a good defence from idiot coppers looking to exlpoit you. You have no defence if you do not know the rules you are supposed to follow.

On this issue of respect. It must be earned, not demanded. If someone respects you it transcends age and experience. People will respect you if you command respect with your actions. Most people just have no shot at earning it thanks to their own behavior. Comments like, "do you know who I am or who I know?" are just ridiculous. Especially when they don't tell you who they are after saying it, or who they know. Yes someone has said this to me recently, along with some death threats. Being a mod isnt always that much fun. :P