What Grinds My Gears.

Yes and no Trev... Footpaths are for feet... There's a road for things with wheels. That's why bikes are expected to obey road rules.

In the case of crossings, a bike in motion moves much faster than a pedestrian... less reaction time for the approaching driver.

are you saying that people with prams shouldn't be alowd on the footpath??

that's f@$ked.

Members dont see this ad
That wasnt what he was saying you are just trying to stir shit

woah, don't go puttin words in my mouth mate, i wasn't startin anything

I'm quite obviously referring to bicycles...

ok i'm sorry it's just that from the sounds of it you didn't think that prams should be on a footpath,

my bad. :P

woah, don't go puttin words in my mouth mate, i wasn't startin anything

ok i'm sorry it's just that from the sounds of it you didn't think that prams should be on a footpath,

my bad. :P

I wasnt putting words in your mouth but how can you honestly think he meant that prams shouldnt be allowed on the footpaths?

I'm quite obviously referring to bicycles...

Jarred I know what you meant so I still love you :P

Its a bit hard to ride on the road on the way to work due to there being about 1km of school zone parking that you have to fight buses and cars and will only be abused by impatient drivers, I give way to pedestrians while I'm on the footpath and when I come to a crossing I don't just pull out, I stand up with my bike until someone stops and then ride across.

Yeah that's fair enough... Most aren't as conscientious as you though. I guess the law exists to account for the lowest common denominator.

Trivia:

Up here we have a quite well developed bike lane system... most are 2m wide and painted in bright f*ckoff green antislip paint.

But that's mostly due the prevalence of Japanese people here on work visas... (thousands...)

In Japan bikes rule supreme (They outnumber cars by about 7 trillion:1) ... and have no real rules attached to where and how you should ride them.

So they come over here, pick up a cheap pair of wheels, and proceed to ride up the tiny footpaths, across roundabouts on the inside lane into the traffic, diagonally across intersections, through red lights etc etc... no surprise dozens get cleaned up every week.

You'd think they'd give em a leaflet or something when they get off the plane.