What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

I wouldn't do it but usually some f**k tard is doing 10kph under the speed limit in the fast lane.

Correct. I'm more than happy to pass in the LH lane if some idiot is off in his own world not doing the speed limit. Oblivious or just ignorant either way it shits me, Makes me want to hurl random items at them.

WGMG - People overtaking on the left on the highway. Should be illegal IMO.

Well you can get fined for driving in the right hand lane, you are meant to keep left unless over taking, some people just don't get the idea and sit in the right lane piss farting around.

Well you can get fined for driving in the right hand lane, you are meant to keep left unless over taking, some people just don't get the idea and sit in the right lane piss farting around.

Yep, I'm the same but I do my left side passes with caution now a days.

Had a good one the other day. You how the cars get around with "interested? " then a mobile as their for sale sign. Well we came up behind a car with that on the back window and so we sent the number a text message "No not interested but you can phucking move over idiot." I believe the message got through cause they moved over and the driver showed us his intelligence score as we passed them :)

Edited by towe001

Yep, I'm the same but I do my left side passes with caution now a days.

Had a good one the other day. You how the cars get around with "interested? " then a mobile as their for sale sign. Well we came up behind a car with that on the back window and so we sent the number a text message "No not interested but you can phucking move over idiot." I believe the message got through cause they moved over and the driver showed us his intelligence score as we passed them :)

That is absolute gold.

haha brilliant.

yeah underpassing can't be avoided sometimes.

what has surprised me lately, after doing a fair bit of highway driving on the xmas/new year break, alot of people arent doing the speed limit, they all sit ~5km under?

i had the GPS going on a trip to noosa and a few trips to the goldy, and sitting on exactly 110km/h or 100km/h (which ever is relevant), and i was sitting in the right hand lane and going past everyone...

and at the sight of any car parked on the side of the road they slam on the brakes and are now doing 15km/h under...

mmm speed cameras stop accidents, not sure about that.

I think its to do with ADR18/03. There's a lot more of these cars on the road now so the effect is more noticeable. Previously the requirement was ±10%.

ADR18/03 states that a speedo cannot read under the actual speed of the car. So if you're travelling at 100km/h it cannot read 99km/h under test conditions. However it can read 4km/h+10% over the actual speed. So, of course, manufacturers ensure that their speedo reads over the actual speed so they can cruise through this ADR.

The formula used is:

0 ≤ (V1 - V2) ≤ 0.1 V2 + 4 km/h

Where V1 is the speed displayed and V2 is the true speed.

At 100km/h my 07 Hilux reads 107 (and I know of others with different drivetrains that read the same), my brothers 07 Golf reads 105. So if you sit on what you know is the corrected speed you can cruise past people on the highway.