What Grinds My Gears.

For me Ive seen so many half fixed shitters that people are calling their pig/dorifto/racecar that Ive kind of lost faith in the scene. I see a lot of kids with short attention spans coming and going, and not a lot as far as people that know cars and love them for something more than cheap thrills. I don't post in many projects cause most projects don't hit anywhere near the technical level that would captivate me. Contrast this to my rollaclub browsing habits in 2007-2010 it would be quite different. I used to look at almost only the projects section. Something along the way has died inside me, as far as passion for other peoples cars goes.

Members dont see this ad

Flat-cappers and people who don't understand the term "JDM" are ruining it. When I get sick of my KE70 I'm going to buy a Morris or something that isn't Japanese.

mini-cooper-racing-at-oulton-park-in-1965.jpg

H8r

+ Why does w o t get correct to what, I want to be trailer trash.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/car-enthusiasts-fear-being-caught-in-hoon-net-20130414-2html.html

This is one of the better articles i have read on the subject.

Grinds my gears like no tomorrow.

This country is so over regulated they are losing control of their own regulations, and its the end user that will get affected.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/car-enthusiasts-fear-being-caught-in-hoon-net-20130414-2html.html

This is one of the better articles i have read on the subject.

Grinds my gears like no tomorrow.

This country is so over regulated they are losing control of their own regulations, and its the end user that will get affected.

Sounds to me like the Qld state government is down on revenue.

All governments are moving towards control of their citizens. The more laws you make the worse it is for people to express their individuality, and the fearful aging majority make it possible. Its really easy to marginalise someone as either a hoon, criminal, or danger to society. Much much easier than being empathetic towards your fellow man, and trying to learn from them. Once someone has been marginalised into one of these undesirable categories they cease to be human in the eyes of the policy and its supporters and they lose their human rights. Its always been the case with people on the fringe of society trying to gain acceptance or understanding for their cause. Whats happening now is that everyone's interests are being heavily scrutinised by an over inflated government that misunderstands its role enough to think it needs to justify its own existence by making policy. Policy which represents the singular point of view of whatever rich empowered minority wishes to curry the favour, and not the majority of people. Government is so ridiculously out of touch with the people its sickening. end rant/

WGMG,

Young punks that make up rubbish excuses there is no money on their go card, or forget it, and hold up my journey,

I'm sure their parents would either setup direct credit, or provide money not for their smokes or maccas, pffft

Getting into a lift and it smells like ciggarettes, I'm not against people that smoke, but stuck in a steel case with no air,

Then whinge that i bust out the glen20 and spray them down (yeah i had a can on me once, haha) either that or me throw up my roast pork and chip sandwich on them

And contact IT/ICT etc etc, and they speak so low and quiet, and on top of chewing gum, very short and succcint with their responses

I get you sit in the dark and terrorise astalavista whatever and torrent pawn, perhaps open the curtain and drink less caffine

Anyways....

wgmg: people that drink till their spastic/can't stand up on their own but still want to keep drinking.

actually what pisses me off more is that people will still serve the above mentioned people just because it a sale.

WGMG right now is I lost my clutch cable leaving work tonight, my newly rebuilt starter had to be banged on to get going, yet another little old lady backed into my car at a gas station, while it is parked across the parking lot, ALL BY ITSELF! 200 FEET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING!, she finds a way to manage to hit it. Didn't really do any damage but it took quite a while to cuss her and her husband out properly...2 people in the car neither of them watching where they are going.

Lets see...I do believe the last 4 times it's been hit, it was by someone over 60 and the car was sitting still or parked....It's a GEEZER MAGNET!

Now since the average person can't seem to drive or hit anything they aim at...maybe I should go ahead and paint targets all over the car, because if they are TRYING to hit it, they will miss every time. Perhaps I should join a volunteer fire department, then I could mount red lights all over the car and add a siren...maybe it would be more visible then....

One more thing...if it takes you more than 3 seconds to make a decision at a stop sign..it becomes my turn, you lost yours.

When you drive up to a parking kiosk with a 2 foot by 3 foot $5 sign on the front and ask "how much is it to park?" it will cost you $10

• 2 weeks later...

that sucks mate....

WGMG

spending all night at the ER with a tooth literally broken in half, right side of my face swolen(assuming its from infection) and looking like i went 12 rds with Tyson, finally get looked at, after all the drunks and self inflicted injury id10ts

only to be told they can't do dental work, give me a couple panadol, and send me on my way home...

and being redundant, i can't afford a dentist...

havent been to bed yet...

Edited by nerfbat

If you've got a healthcare card ring the dentist at the base hospital but you'll have to do it at 8am (don't leave it 10minutes after, you won't get an appointment). Otherwise drop into the doc for some antibiotics.

Oh and my gear grind is of taking the dog for a walk, can't wait till we can get a proper "no-pull" harness for him. Aside from that on the way back a wanker a few doors up from our place quietly telling his pitbulls (or whatever they are) "attack" and "sick him". Glad they were behind a 5ft fence.

If you've got a healthcare card ring the dentist at the base hospital but you'll have to do it at 8am (don't leave it 10minutes after, you won't get an appointment). Otherwise drop into the doc for some antibiotics.

thanks mate

got antibiotics now, and can't get it pulled or dealt with til they have run their course...

Oh and my gear grind is of taking the dog for a walk, can't wait till we can get a proper "no-pull" harness for him. Aside from that on the way back a wanker a few doors up from our place quietly telling his pitbulls (or whatever they are) "attack" and "sick him". Glad they were behind a 5ft fence.

and that sucks mate...

Edited by nerfbat

• 2 weeks later...

Broke another headlight cover the other day. No worries, have a couple spare in the shed. Chances of breaking the same side three times in a row must be low. Go and check. You guessed it. Broken the same side three times in a row :( so the two drivers side covers I have are useless... Need to cough up another load of $$$$$ to the dealer for another pair :rant: