What Grinds My Gears.

there are two different types too.

one you attach the clutch disk to the pressure plate, line it up so its in the middle, and then hope it lines up when you bolt it all together.

the other type is just like a input shaft, bit of plastic that goes into the flywheel, and the clutch plate is centred on the tool (the one i used was sort of cone shaped.

ive had success with both, but both times been very fidly generally had 2 goes bolting the pressure plate on.

ive also had success by bolting the pressure plate on loosly and using the gearbox itself as the aligning tool, then pulling the gearbox back off again just enough to get a spanner in and tighten up the pressure plate bolts to hold the clutch disk in place. its very fidly...but it has worked...

nothing beats a spare input shaft.

Members dont see this ad

nothing beats a spare input shaft.

Damn straight!!!

WGMG!! Junkies getting into my Mazda last night!! Took my gps and mechanix cloves!! I spose it's my fault I left the car unlocked(I think).

Edited by kickn5k

WGMG: Doing the right thing when grinding and wearing a face shield. For a piece of metal to then hit the vice and deflect vertically up into my eye and then having to go to hospital to get the bastard out.

Also KE11 resto sounds like a massive tosser

Dude were you wearing glasses under the shield? I wear good fitting glasses and I got a spark in there even with foam backs, nasty... Gonna get me a shied, I wouldn't grind without glasses underneath.

What happened, Riley ?

Nothing current, but I've had things stolen from me and it pissed me off.

Just been reading members' posts about cars being pinched and I really feel for them. The most recent was a TA22, fully restored. It was this guy's baby and some wank stain took it. 'Luckily', the morons crashed it on CCTV and the car was recovered, but others haven't been so fortunate.

Another member had a KE55 Celeste that, again, was a treasured possession and it was pinched from their own damn property. This one was not recovered, and has probably since been parted and scrapped.

So false alarm, but I really do feel for these poor bastards. If it was my car, I'd be head hunting for a prize to mount on the bonnet upon recovery.

People who post on for sale threads, saying they saw the same car for sale for a cheaper price by the previous owner.

Who gives a fvck?! If the new owner reckons its worth more/ they can get more money for the car then why not!! Its their car!

You have no clue how much money they could have spent on the car since it was last for sale anyway, so why not

Sounds like there's going to be some mod-slapping going on again. :D

WGMG - People who are not blood-relatives trying to dictate how you & your family should operate. Thankyou for the kind suggestions, but seeing as noone asked for them.....*Bite tongue to avoid major $h1tfight*

People who own any car larger than a full size sedan that act like they own every inch of the road. Especially when they cut people off from the left lane at the lights. People are cuing and there's no real merge ahead back to one lane, but they still fly up the left and rip it in just to overtake 3 or 4 cars. There's this one spot in particular that shits me on my way home from work, and these wankers literally swap lanes aggressively to cut people off and then when someone becomes wise to their bullshit and refuses to let them in, they park and block a whole lane of traffic from advancing on a green light while they wait for all the cars in their desired lane to depart, the lane which I am usually in. I have several plywood blocks in my car now with "learn to drive ʇ~~ɔface" written on them, I'm ready for next time, someone's gonna get that in the face. We are all in a rush, what gives someone the right to do this shit? aside from their own sense of entitlement. 9/10 times its a woman also. There's also one place in Bardon where the busses have their own turning lane and a preferential sensor, and when I'm in the car lane and someone uses the bus lane to cheat, I throw coins at their paintwork and chip their shit. I'm happy to admit to road rage, not because I am impatient, but because if I am doing something that shits me but that is appropriate for society, I don't like to see people play me like a sucker and cheat the system. I have a sense of justice that overpowers all my other senses sometimes.

People who own any car larger than a full size sedan that act like they own every inch of the road. Especially when they cut people off from the left lane at the lights. People are cuing and there's no real merge ahead back to one lane, but they still fly up the left and rip it in just to overtake 3 or 4 cars. There's this one spot in particular that shits me on my way home from work, and these wankers literally swap lanes aggressively to cut people off and then when someone becomes wise to their bullshit and refuses to let them in, they park and block a whole lane of traffic from advancing on a green light while they wait for all the cars in their desired lane to depart, the lane which I am usually in. I have several plywood blocks in my car now with "learn to drive ʇ~~ɔface" written on them, I'm ready for next time, someone's gonna get that in the face. We are all in a rush, what gives someone the right to do this shit? aside from their own sense of entitlement. 9/10 times its a woman also. There's also one place in Bardon where the busses have their own turning lane and a preferential sensor, and when I'm in the car lane and someone uses the bus lane to cheat, I throw coins at their paintwork and chip their shit. I'm happy to admit to road rage, not because I am impatient, but because if I am doing something that shits me but that is appropriate for society, I don't like to see people play me like a sucker and cheat the system. I have a sense of justice that overpowers all my other senses sometimes.

You'll like this one then... Filmed in brissy too :)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bfe_1341191650

Wow don't even get me started with Bamoral st.... I live down the road from it.

Shit like that happens so regularly its not funny. As stated people in their big cumbersome SUV's try and rip around there, when their is numerous signs say recommended speed of 40. They go oh ʞ©$ɟ i'm not going to make it and cut the corner. I myself have had two people clip my mirror doing this and went off at them at the lights (its not road rage if they nearly kill you...its justified).

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo