Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Car Trailer Project

Featured Replies

  • Replies 201
  • Views 113.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

day 4.3 I have spent 3 hours after work this week will go hard on this project in the new year. I have another 4 days off :lmao: but on call again :)

  • Author
And in metric old man??

 

Ring up a tyre shop to get a quote. tell them What size wheels are on your car in metric see the response you get.

 

harden up WE talk imperial still for tyre sizes, trailers sizes 6x4 7x4 8x5 thats the way it is.

post-3388-1230629893_thumb.jpg

Looks like its coming a long well .What sort of tare weight do you reakon it will be?

 

I ve got my frame cut out for my new trailer, and like you bloody work gets in the

 

way of projects :)

 

One question where or how far back do you put the centre of the axles?

 

ive been told many formulas .

 

Keep the pictures coming good tread . :lmao:

 

rob

  • Author
Looks like its coming a long well .What sort of tare weight do you reakon it will be?

 

I ve got my frame cut out for my new trailer, and like you bloody work gets in the

 

way of projects :)

 

One question where or how far back do you put the centre of the axles?

 

ive been told many formulas .

 

Keep the pictures coming good tread . :lmao:

 

rob

the trailer is getting heavy, the coupling is rated at 3.5 tonne so i will have to put over a weigh bridge and then work out my carrying capacity..

for axle placement i used 1/2 inch back of center for every foot of trailer. if there is to much weight on the draw bar with a short car I will just put the car back a bit.

  • Author

day 4.6

3 more hours on the trailer today, I fabricated a plate for the jokey wheel, welded draw bar and drilled and bolted hitch

post-3388-1230712998_thumb.jpg

post-3388-1230713082_thumb.jpg

u do realise that everyone on here is gonna ask to borrow it once its done right?

 

ps, can i borrow the trailor once its done :yes:

  • Author
u do realise that everyone on here is gonna ask to borrow it once its done right?

 

ps, can i borrow the trailor once its done :yes:

I have been thinking about how i can accommodate. The regulations say brake intensity must be adjusted from drivers finger tips AKA a brake controller. I was wondering if there is a remote control device that could be fitted ,to save a brake controller being fitted to every car i use to tow with.

  • Author

Thanks for the comments everyone,

Day 5

Today I Fitted front and sides. got straight as i could and then welded up

post-3388-1230796027_thumb.jpg

post-3388-1230796170_thumb.jpg

nice looks like a trailer now you going to make wheel cover thingys

  • Author
nice looks like a trailer now you going to make wheel cover thingys

 

bought these from a trailer place for $119 for the pair, will save me a little time.

post-3388-1230841343_thumb.jpg

bought these from a trailer place for $119 for the pair, will save me a little time.

 

I was gonna say you could buy these off the shelf. Looks the same as the ones we sell at work.

 

Trailer is really coming along there, wish i had the space to build one.

  • Author

Day 6,

2 big problems,

1 wheel off set ,

2 spring shackle bolt almost rubbing on tyre.

 

I spent a lot of time today working out how to overcome these problems, I ordered the axle spring set to suite holden vy tonner rims,

post-3388-1230884697_thumb.jpg

post-3388-1230884769_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.