Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

Members dont see this ad

Very good question young grasshopper.

It does comply with CAMs club rally car reg's, but we are going to do the AASA/AMSAG 2WD rally master next year.

We've decided to take the Corolla around the easten part of the country.

It's been fun playing in QLD but it's now time to see how good the car and driver are against the rest of Australia.

Also Craig Aggio with the Group B Celica is going to be doing it again as well.

The change to a 6 speed gearbox is the best thing, the old box was good but even with a close ratio kit, it would still be lacking in places, with is box we get the best of both worlds, 5 close gears and an overdriven 6th, so we keep our top end.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of average speed are you doing over a course? Looks like you're going pretty fast! This makes me want to build a rally car but looks like alot of work and money to go out there and race reliably without something breaking as looks ALOT more harsh than just going out and racing on the track.

Rallying lets you race cheaper cas with more variables than racing, where to get that little extra speed rapidly becomes very expensive.

If you want to be winning your class and coming in the top 10 then what is written in here is the only way to do it. If you want to have some fun for a year and then decide how serious you are it can be far cheaper and easier.

Put a couple of grand into suspension and a cage and go for it! All you need is a 5K or 5K rebore of a 4K and a semi-locked welded diff. Thiry years ago the guy I rallied with & I wrote a series of articles called "The $1000 Rally Car" for a club magazine. I'm sure nothing has changed really, but the price has gone up!